Friday, September 13, 2013

Landon's First (and Second) Day of Preschool!

On Wednesday, September 11 Landon had his first day of school!  I was SO nervous for him...however that morning he was SO excited.  He couldn't wait to get his "pack pack" on and wear his new shoes and go to "cool."





This picture should have been my sign as to how the day would go...

  
having a little cinnamon bread snack before going in!


Walking into school like such a big man!



We dropped off Reagan in her class and then went to Landon's room.  I walked in with him, we hung up his backpack, put his snack in the bin, and he went over to the rice table.  He started to play, was acting fine, so I gave him a kiss, told him I loved him and left.  I could NOT believe how easy it was...I still cried, because this is my baby going to school, but he seemed fine.

I boo-hooed to Ellen for awhile and being the bestie that she is she calmed me down...so I went to get a pedicure.  A little treat to myself.  Well...just as I was finishing my pedi, my phone rang...it was a local number and I just KNEW it was my Landy man.  Sure enough, it was his teacher calling to let me know Landon was having a VERY hard day...he would not stop crying, was angry, wanted to get out of the room, didn't want to sit for snack, didn't want to do anything...LOVELY!  It's always nice to know that you have THAT kid, but his teacher was very sweet about it!  I was crying again...sitting there drying my toes, crying.  I wanted to just go get him, but his teacher and I talked about it and decided it would be best for him to stay.  I was a few minutes early for pick up and when I walked in I heard crying and low and behold it was LTK.  I picked him up and he said "momma go, momma go" (as in I had left him :( )  He didn't let me put him down for 20 minutes...that's the most snuggles I've gotten out of this kid since he started moving :)  SO...he was happy to come home, he was tired (he got up at 5 that morning), hungry, and went down for his nap.


He did come home to some Cars coloring pages and new twistable crayons...he was pretty excited!





He wanted chicken nuggets for dinner, which worked out great b/c it was Reagan's first night of dance too, and then wanted ice cream as his special treat!  SO we sang "Happy First Day of Schoool to Ne-Ne" and he was a happy man!



Today was day #2 of preschool...his teacher and I emailed back and forth a couple times over the last couple days to try to come up with a game plan of what we can do to help this be an easier transition for Landon.  I packed him a family picture to keep in his backpack to look at when he felt sad...and we continued to talk about how fun school is and that mommy will be right back to pick him up.  Drop off today was rough.  He screamed and cried...broke my heart.  It doesn't help that there were 3 other kids screaming crying too...good times!  I told the teacher she better have taken Advil that morning :)  I left and was a boo-hooing mess...I got another phone call at 11:00 today, but this time telling me that Landon was doing better.  He was still mad, still cried, BUT doing better.  He sat on Miss Natalie's lap for story, he sang along to Wheels on the Bus (one of his personal favorites), and was pretty much her shadow today.  THIS gives me hope that he WILL like school soon...fingers, toes, and everything crossed that is the case.  I told Keith it's a waste of money to send him to school to cry for 3 hours, he told me this was good for Landon and money well spent.  I'll keep praying that school gets easier for my sweet boy!  His teacher kept telling me how smart he is and that he is a great addition to the classroom, which I really appreciate hearing...hopefully it's true :)  I hope his teachers get to see what a sweet, silly, boy he is soon!

Needless to say preschool hasn't been the easiest transition for Landon, but when he came home today and we were talking more about school he kept telling me that it was "good" and when I asked if he had fun he said "yes!"  SOOO he must like it, just wishes Momma could stay with him...sorry buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment