Friday, February 28, 2014

A little catch up!

Boy am I behind...

Thanks to Gigi and Gramps, they were able to pick up the VERY much longed for Elsa dress from Target!  Thankfully a Target that is on their way to come visit us had one and they were nice enough to hold it for a few days...this made for one VERY happy girl!

Almost 2 weeks ago ;) we had a playdate with sweet friends, Anna and Brady.  We went to Oasis, a climby place, and then to Chick Fil A for lunch.  Reagan and Anna are such sweet friends and Brady and Landon are in the same class too.  Their Momma, Amy, is pretty stinkin' sweet too :)

sweet kiddos!
(By the way, Brady won't wear anything but a button down shirt and jeans - so cute!-...then you have Landon who won't let me put him in anything but comfy pants right now!  I thought an opinionated dresser at 2 was just for girls, clearly not!)

Keith was late every night last week, so we sent Daddy a couple pics of the kiddos in his 'Cuse hat!  Keith is brainwashing them correctly with loving The Cuse!




about to fall in the bucket getting one of his helicopters...

Got it...and clearly worth the almost fall!

my sweet man...loves wearing dress up shoes :)

Friday evening we loaded up for Gigi and Mop's house.  Gran has been wanting to re-do their bedroom, so we went to help out!

Saturday morning we went to breakfast downtown and then walked to the fire station.  A nice man let the kiddos in a fire truck...they loved it!



"Helping"

another "helper"

After stripping wallpaper, painting trim, and painting the walls...the finished product!  The color looks great and we can't wait for it all to be pulled together!!

Monday, while Reagan was at school, Landon and I had such a good little morning.  Nothing too exciting, we did go see the tractors though, which he loves doing!  While we were there we picked up a tractor brochure which is AKA "a new tractor bookie." :)  We picked up Reagan, came home for lunch, I was making my sandwich when BOOM Landon man tripped on the kitchen floor.  At first I thought he was screaming crying because it scared him, but then I saw his teeth...and the blood...and the movement of his teeth.  Good times.  Once the bleeding stopped he KIND OF let me look at them, but all I could see was that one looked farther back than the other of his front teeth.  I was pretty panicked...surprise, surprise.  He didn't want to really eat or drink the rest of the day.  THANKFULLY Reagan had her dentist appointment the very next day and they were able to squeeze Landon in too!  The dentist said his teeth looked like they'd be ok and they would firm right back up.  Such a relief!  It's not totally obvious that my little man's two front teeth are a little "shifted," but they seem to be feeling MUCH better now.  He even got his first cleaning while we were there and did such a great job!  I was prepared for a disaster and he sat in the chair by himself, like a big man, and let the dentist count his teeth and polish them.  I was so concerned about him being okay that I didn't even think to take a picture of either kiddo at the dentist.  Oh well...they both got a great report, which is the most important thing!

Oh and did I mention we were supposed to have the final walkthrough on our house on Wednesday morning, well that got bumped to Thursday, which then messed up our mortage and closing, so then closing got bumped from today (Friday) to Monday...Keith has had to deal with all of this, I don't even understand the words he's saying, but I know it's been a headache!

OH and on Tuesday night Reagan was coughing, coughing, coughing, which then turned into barking, barking, barking, which is croup for her.  Lovely!  She stayed home from school and I took her to the doctor that afternoon.  We got a prescription for a steroid should she have needed it that night, but thankfully her cough seems to be getting better.  So I've slept with her the last 3 nights.  Last night, she slept great and Landon man was up at 4:30 soaking wet...I am pretty sick of ALWAYS having to change a wet crib, but it is what it is and I don't know what else to do with that pee-pee pot boy!

I digressed...SOOOO yesterday first thing in the morning was our FINAL WALK THROUGH!!!  The house looks GREAT!  The outside is not finished and won't be until it gets a little warmer, which is fine!  We just want to live in it :)
our bedroom

bathroom

dining room

living room

family room

kitchen


morning room

So after leaving our walkthrough, I ran to Lowe's to get a few knobs for the bathroom cabinets, came back to the house and Dan, the supervisor, was not a happy guy because the inspector told him something wasn't right with the water line...I'm not exactly sure what the deal was, but it meant the house wouldn't pass it's final inspection.  He's been working SO hard to get our house ready and looking great!  I felt terrible, so I went and got him Chick Fil A (like that did any good?!) and came home because my mom said Reagan wasn't feeling so well with a low fever...thankfully it never got over 100.7*, so no big deal.

ANYWAY...Reagan is FINE today, Landon had a GREAT day at school, I went to Lowe's to get fans, paint, and outdoor lights for big projects this weekend.  They are letting us into the house to work and Keith's dad is driving down now to help us.  :)  We will close on Monday afternoon, HOPEFULLY!!  There is supposed to be a HUGE snowstorm this weekend...have I mentioned how OVER the FRIECKIN' snow I am?!?!?!?!?!?!?  We're close though and as long as we close on Monday then the moving truck is coming Tuesday and it will be Christmas for us to see everything that we haven't seen in 8 months!!

1 comment:

  1. They're all so cute! The new home is shaping up nicely! I wonder what happened to your pipe inspection, though. Did the inspector find anything? He must have seen something that was not right. It could be clogged pipe or roots piercing your pipes somewhere. Hopefully it wasn't the case.
    Rudy Swanson @ Haaker

    ReplyDelete