Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's morning started with word of there being NO school...again.  Seriously...the kids have been to school maybe 3 times all month because of all the stinkin' snow!

We started the day with a couple little treats from Mommy and Daddy


Reaggie got an Anna baby doll, a Pinkalicious book, and some candy hearts


Landon got a new pick up truck with dirt bikes on the back, a Little Blue Truck book, and candy hearts

The kids and I played in the snow for awhile, but didn't have any luck sledding.  The snow was SO deep.  Landon kept getting stuck and my boots are on the moving truck and sneakers just don't really cut it, so we lasted as long as we could :)


Landon and Pop tasting the snow cream that we made...not too bad!



Keith and I decided we would go to Outback with the kiddos for dinner on Friday night.  I did a call ahead for 5:30.  Keith got there at 5:15 and was told 50 minutes, so as I was loading the kids in the car I figured we would have plenty of time to get there.  The kids were loaded, I put the car in reverse, and I wasn't moving, just a lot of spinning wheels.  Great!!  It took digging out snow, my mom and John helping, bird seed, salt, and working up a sweat and getting snow all down my tall boots to get me out of there.  I called Keith at 5:40 to let him know we were just leaving and he was like, "just leaving!  why?!" Oh you know, just twiddling my thumbs ;)


Landy man had just woken up from his nap and wasn't exactly in the mood for pictures yet


my precious Valentines





We got to Outback just as Keith was being seated, so it worked out great!  Daddy had a surprise for his sweet girl and she LOVED her flowers :)  Landy wanted some "boo" (blue) ones, so now Daddy knows for next year!





Happy frieckin' Valentine's Day!



It was a great day and a fun dinner, surrounded by lots of couples out sans children...hope we didn't bother anyone too badly!

No comments:

Post a Comment