Thursday, December 29, 2016

Chicago!

What a fun, fun weekend we had in Chicago to celebrate our good buddy Walker's wedding!  Reagan was the flower girl and could not WAIT for the big day!  As mentioned previously, Keith and Reagan left first thing Thursday morning so they were there in plenty of time for the rehearsal on Thursday night.  I flew in that afternoon so I could see Landon's Christmas performance...turns out that was a good decision so I could get him to the doctor too!  It was a nice, relaxing flight though...flying solo, I kept thinking I was forgetting something because I only had my purse as a carry on :)  I even navigated the airport myself to get a cab to the hotel...slightly scary, but I made it!

fancied up for the rehearsal!




groom, bride, and flower girl :)  Reagan and I left the rehearsal dinner around 9, which was 10 our time...she was spent!!

bundled up for the walk back to the hotel, it was FREEEEEZING!!!!


Saturday morning R and I headed to Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast and then walked around town a bit.  We hit up Macy's and Target before heading back to get ready for the bridesmaids luncheon.  Daddy slept in since he was out with his high school friends until about 4:30 in the morning!!!

The Macy's tree!

Reagan loved this ballet tree :)

in the pink stretch limo taking us to the restaurant!

Jamie's bridal party!




There it is!!

We ate at a great little Italian restaurant and all the girls were so sweet to include Reagan and I in the fun.  Once we got back to the hotel, look who I found!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay!!!!!!  Elle and family were able to drive to Chicago for a fun little weekend getaway and a FUN excuse to see each other!!  Our lovely hubbies got us champagne to celebrate :)


I can't believe we haven't seen Connor in SO long!

We stopped by the little welcome party on Friday night and these cuties wore their new sweatshirts!



We celebrated Andrew's 2nd birthday!

...then the mommas escaped just for a little bit!  SOOO fun!

checking out the Macy's windows Saturday morning!



Sweet, crazy kiddos!

someone was not thrilled with the idea of having to take a pic...cracked me up!

after a little walking around it was time to head back to the hotel for Reagan's hair appointment



Saying good bye to the Johnson clan...short, but sweet visit!


Look at this precious flower girl!

LOVE this one!





I don't know what the heck setting my camera was on, but this is the only shot I got of her walking down the aisle...I teared up :)


Walking into the reception together!


delirious :)

such a FUN, FUN wedding!!  A WONDERFUL band, great food, and so fun seeing so many friends!

Bachelor fans, we met Whitney!  Mark and Jamie work at the same fertility clinic as Whitney...I was "that girl" that wanted a picture :)

The snow started Saturday afternoon and it was STILL snowing on Sunday morning!  Flights were being cancelled left and right and we were so worried we wouldn't make it home.  Thankfully the day before I was able to switch Reagan and I onto an earlier flight, but there wasn't room for Keith too unless he did stand-by.  After contemplating renting a car and just driving home, we decided to try flying and enjoy the morning in the city.

We walked to the bean!



...and to Macy's, again!  Reagan LOVED it!!





We stopped and had some lunch at Panera and then headed back to the hotel to say good bye to Mark and Jamie and then head to the airport.


saying good-bye to Mr. and Mrs. Walker

...didn't take long for this party animal to pass out!


THANK GOODNESS Reagan and I got on the 5:30 flight.  We were home by 10...Keith's flight, our original flight, didn't even leave Chicago until 1am...he didn't get home until 4:30!!

We had a great weekend away!  HUGE thanks to all grandparents for holding down the fort with the other two kiddos :)

A couple of the professional pics...it was a gorgeous wedding!!


No comments:

Post a Comment