Saturday, August 6, 2011

Happy "Birth"day!

Tuesday, August 2nd was a VERY special day for our family...our sweet, Landon was born!!

before everything got started

On Monday night I was having some serious contractions and didn't know if I would even be able to wait until Tuesday morning to make it to the hospital, but I did.  We woke up early Tuesday morning and were at the hospital by 6:35, just a few minutes late which is very appropriate.  :)

We were put in a room right away and just had to fill out the paperwork and wait for a nurse to come in, as it was "shift change" time.  A nurse came in and told me the doctor would be coming in before his scheduled c-section at 8.  Dr. H came in and said we would get the party started with pitocin, however I guess he forgot to hit "submit" for the order on the computer and therefore the nurse couldn't give any to me until Dr. H got back...oops!  So we had a couple hours to watch tv and delay the inevitable. 

I think the nurse thought that writing "Come on Landon" on the board might be some sort of motivation for me...didn't work, but a sweet thought!

Around 10, Dr. H came in and apologized over and over and then we cranked up the pitocin.  It did not take long at ALL to start feeling some contractions.  The doctor broke my water and we were REALLY cruising.  It turns out I was 4 cm. by the time we got to the hospital too, which meant he was pretty ready to make his debut.

So things were cruising and by 11:30 I got my epidural!  Thank goodness :)  However, after I got that let's just say I started feeling a lot of "pressure," and by that I mean a LOT!  The nurse told me that's how I would be feeling my contractions.  I waited it out and breathed very heavily through some contractions, but told Keith this was crazy and thought this baby was ready...Dr. H came in and said "you're ready to have this baby."  This was at 12:30, so things moved VERY fast!  Slight hold up was little man wanting to actually come out.

I won't bless you with all the details from there, but after 2 1/2 hours of pushing, pushing, pushing our 10 pounds and 7 ounces of wonderfulness came into the world at 3:03!!  It was SO wonderful this time that Keith was able to cut the cord and they were able to put Landon right on my after he was born...it was amazing.  (Reagan had miconium, so she was swooped away by the peds)



I couldn't believe how quickly everything moved, except for the pushing, and we were holding our son in our arms.  He is perfect and wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. 10 POUNDS!!!! Steph!!!! Oh wow!!!! Did your board say Annie was your nurse? I had her too-- loved her! I am SO happy for your family of FOUR!!!!!

    ReplyDelete