Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Oh What Fun!

Merry "almost" Christmas!!  Hard to believe the big day is just a couple days away :)  Santa is making a special appearance at our house tomorrow night and there is a certain 2 1/2 year old that can NOT wait!!

We have been busy the last several days getting ready for Christmas and the traveling that requires, but still trying to enjoy everything this holiday brings!

Wednesday was Reaggie's last day of preschool before Christmas!  As I mentioned before, a sweet mom volunteered for me, so I didn't have to take Landon.  That allowed Bubby and I to run a couple last minute errands together and then come home for a quick nap before picking up sister at school.


On Thursday we met sweet Heather (Taxis) and Evie at the Durham Museum of Life and Science.  We had so much fun!  I have to say I was pretty darn proud of myself for getting out the door as early as we did.  We left our house by 8:10!!  That is a record for me so far :)  We picked up Evie and her sweet momma and headed to the museum.  It was a beautiful day and Reagan had so much fun!  Landon was such a good boy and eventually fell asleep in my arms.

Friday night, I wish I had a picture or two, but I don't...anyway, it was Keith's work party.  It was at a local restaurant and there were about ten of us there.  We had WAY TOO much fun...oh my, I don't know WHAT I was thinking!  However, we don't get out much, so it was fun!  We had a sweet friend of mine from the elementary school come and babysit.  Reagan was SO excited for her to come!

Saturday morning was a struggle, but with two small kids there is no just lying in bed and relaxing...we had Bojangles for breakfast.  Yum!  Later in the morning Keith and Reagan went out to do a little Christmas shopping.  Reagan LOVES to go shopping!  She certainly gets it honest.


Being a goof, heading out with Daddy!

Saturday afternoon Keith was able to open a couple Christmas presents early.  Keith was like a kid on Christmas morning all day Saturday because he was going to the Syracuse/NC State basketball game, his two favorites.  He went against the Wolfpack though and had to pull for his all time fave, Syracuse!  We had to get him some special new things to wear to the big game, so that is what he opened up.  Reagan was SO excited to give her Daddy presents and help him open.  We can hardly wait for it to be her turn!




The kiddos and I had a good night together, they got baths, went to bed, and that is where I went right after I got Reaggie down.  Phew!! 

Sunday morning I was up and at 'em to finish up some Christmas shopping.  I really wanted to get to the Disney Store, which is at the mall about 30 minutes from us.  I looked online and saw they opened at 9 and I was there at 8:59, after a quick stop to Dunkin' Donuts ;)  Well the parking lot was pretty empty, so I thought I was the only crazy one there at 9...as I approached the sliding doors to enter the mall, the hours were posted and ELEVEN was the REAL time the mall opened.  I was NOT a happy camper!  Clearly I couldn't just go back with the kids...thankfully Macy's was open, so I went there, ran to North Hills (another shopping area), and by that time it was getting close to 11, so went back to the mall.  It all worked out, but isn't that just the way.  I then had to quickly come home, after a quick trip to the grocery store, to make six dozen cookies for our neighborhood cookie swap.  I was seriously considering not even going at that point, but sucked it up and with the help of Reagan and Keith...we got the cookies done!


Now this was my first exchange so I didn't really know what to do other than bring six dozen cookies.  So I wrapped them up by the dozen with a cute little tag, all while Keith was at the gym, Landon wasn't napping, and having to tell myself if my cookies are the cutest, that is fine...well I get there and there was NO wrapping of the cookies required, just spread out on a platter.  SO all of my wrapping came off and were tossed in a bowl...sigh.  It was a lot of fun and I really liked getting to hang out with some of the neighborhood girls!  Reags and I made a quick trip to Target after that and then it was home for dinner...I was exhausted!

Monday was grocery shopping and a fun day with Klein, Shae, and baby Charlotte coming to visit.  I didn't take A picture...ugh.  I made chili and some homemade cheddar cheese scones for dinner and we just chatted and hung out with babies.  It was wonderful!

My sweet man in his sweater vest and cords (which you can't see)...he was dressed like a little man!


We had a playdate with Reagan's sweet friend today, I finished wrapping (yahoo!!), both kids napped GREAT, and Reags and I made some fudge (white chocolate oreo...it's calling my name right now).

I'm so excited for "Christmas Eve" tomorrow night...Reagan is BEYOND excited, as are her Mommy and Daddy!

Merry Christmas!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment