Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Allergist

Monday afternoon this girl kept VERY busy designing Cinderella's dress out of play-dough, which is about my least favorite activity, BUT she was content and then meant I could get a few things done!

Tuesday morning we had an appointment with the allergist...Reagan's epi pen, that I carry with me at all times, had an expiration date of February.  Our allergist in NC couldn't renew it because R was due to come in, so our local pediatrician wound up renewing.  I went to pick it up at Walgreens and it was going to cost over $300 for TWO epi-pens...don't get me started.  Before we forked out that kind of money we wanted to make sure Reagan would even still need them.  The practice sent a prescription for a special cream to put on Reagan's arms the morning of her appointment so that she wouldn't feel all the little prickers.  (she was "excited" to hear this doctor did the shots on her arm and not her back like the old one did...bless her heart that THAT news excited her...) She was nervous to get the cream on, but it was just like regular lotion and then I had to wrap up her arms in saran-wrap!


sweet thing had 25 pricks done, but thanks to the cream she didn't feel it AT ALL!!  SO thankful for that!  Why don't all doctors use this stuff so kids don't feel shots!?!?  She was pretty itchy though, but between fanning her arm with our HIPPA packet and blowing on her arm to the point where I was light headed, I think she was pretty comfortable.

this man was beyond a trooper!

look at those sweet arms...you'll notice on her left arm in the far left column the redness, that's the peanut, egg white, and egg yolk reactions...she's still as allergic as ever to both.  They tested for environmental allergens as well, but thankfully, she had no reaction to any of those!

We went to Rita's as a special treat afterwards, but neither one really ate their water ice...I may have inhaled mine and had a few tastes of theirs as well :)

3 comments:

  1. My girls have had allergic reactions lately, and I don't know what's causing it. At first, I thought it was something that they were eating, so I started feeding them different things every day, and nothing happened. I'm completely stumped. I think I'm going to have to take them to an allergy doctor to get them checkout and find out if they need treatment.

    Sara Welsh | http://www.allergypartners.com/midlands/SitePages/Allergist.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr Sniffles is the best Allergist Bayside, Allergist Bayside team at Montefiore Medical Center they have vast experience in Allerg treatment.

    ReplyDelete