Wednesday, April 2, 2014

March Catch Up!

Time for some serious catch up!!!! Once upon a time I was kind of a good blogger...I'll try to do better :)

On March 12 Heather and I went to an awesome Downton Abbey exhibit at Winterthur! It was so fun to see all of these real costumes...they are beautiful!!!  Heath was a trooper considering she hasn't even really watched the show!


St. Patrick's Day fell on a Monday and guess what, we had snow! Schools around us were closed, but preschool was a 2 hour delay.  I decided we'd just stay home though to a) not risk it and b) get things done around the house!

We did enjoy green pancakes and a couple little crafts...I happened to have just found one of my file boxes from teaching that had St. Patrick's Day activities in it. 


Playing outside one day...are we surprised at all to see Landon lining up toys with wheels?!?


We came home from school one day and had shutters...yay!  Now to get the door painted, the porch finished, some grass, and landscaping :)


It was a BIG accomplishment to get my van in the garage...the boxes though...oh Lord, thankfully they are not all gone :)

On Saturday, March 22 Reagan and I went to REGISTER for KINDERGARTEN!!!!!!!!!  Now Reagan's K plans are still undecided...we applied for a charter school in our neighborhood, but were wait listed, like #103 waitlisted, so that won't happen...we'll try again next year.  We have also applied for a private school, BUT we went ahead with the public school registration to be on the safe side.  SUCH a BIG girl!!  They did a little testing and took your child for all of 10 minutes and it made me tear up.  How is my baby girl ready for kindergarten already?  Although, I'm also SO very excited for her.  She's SO ready and is SOOO excited to read and write and learn all that there is to learn!




That afternoon JJ came over on the DART bus, which pulled right up to our driveway, which was AWESOME!  She got in our house NO problem!  The kids were so excited to see her :)



Grandpa and Diane came too and of course we needed to put my Pops to work, so it was "paint the playroom day!"



Oh these two... ;)

On Sunday I went to Ikea to get the HUGE toy shelf...I LOVE this thing!! OMG!  I can't believe how many stinkin' toys fit on this and it's ORGANIZED and that makes this Momma a happy lady!

"helping"


They were very busy making mommy lunch...sweet kiddos!


finished product...well almost!  Elle found the cutest little chalkboard labels for the bins and I found a perfect match chevron to "whip up" a little valance in there.  The kids love it though and I'm so SO SOOOO excited to have a place for all the toys in this house :)


Oh my gosh...our driveway was paved last Thursday and you would have thought Mickey himself was on our driveway!  Landon, especially, was SOOOO excited to see all the trucks and watch the "worker men."  They even ate lunch outside in the garage with a front row seat watching them work.  It is SO nice to have a paved driveway...the bikes, scooters, tractors, and all the other toys appreciate it too!

This past weekend Opa and Miss Liz came to visit.  Poor Heinz can't come and not be put to work, but it wasn't too bad this time :)  He put up a new light fixture for me in the kitchen and helped Keith and I with the laundry room.  Our laundry room is also the "mudroom" AKA the room you walk in from the garage and it needed some serious attention so that it wasn't just a dump zone and crap all over the floor!!!


Pretty girl made her very own princess crown!


Landon helped Daddy cover up the holes from the wire rack


Sunday morning we ran some errands as a family and Landon was "helping" me get ready and "reading" me some bookies...sweet man, how I love him!



Best little helpers at Lowe's


We ran to the mall, because that's where Target is, and I had a couple Gymboree returns.  Anyway, Landon looked too cute in his bunny ears that they handed out in front of Build a Bear!

 
Landon helped Reagan out of the ice cream truck by holding out his hand for her, it was pretty much the cutest thing ever...Reagan was VERY impressed!


JJ came over again on Sunday and was able to stay for dinner this time!  Reagan insisted we do her nails to match hers :)  They look good with their purple sparkles!


The laundry room is still a work in progress, but it's coming.  My dad and Keith put up the cabinets on Sunday, which was no small project, but they are SO fun and store SO much!! The walls are a very light blue and it looks great with some fabric I got for a little curtain in there...please note I do not sew.  I "think" I can whip up these curtains...we shall see.  Thank goodness for Pinterest :)

On Tuesday our sweet friends came over!  They all play SO well together and had so much fun.  We played inside for a bit, then outside, and headed to Chick Fil A for lunch.  It was so fun until Landon fell in the play area and smacked his cheek...it was past naptime anyway, so the kid was none too happy about that.  Overall it was a great day!


watching a little Sopia


Reagan was showing Anna our Disney book...Brady and Landon wanted to check it out too!



Precious kiddos


and my recent project for my Frozen obsessed little lady is her Elsa cape...again, please note I have no idea what I'm doing and don't sew.  However, it was kind of what Reagan wanted and my little $10 project beats a $300 Elsa dress on eBay!

SOOOOO that's life lately around here!  The house is slowly coming along, but we just love it here!  More pics of the house eventually :)

No comments:

Post a Comment