Saturday, May 23, 2015

Bailey and Tulips

Wednesday, April 29th

Landon and I were having a "home day" and it happened to be a beautiful day!  I was changing sheets and doing some housework in the morning, but at lunch time we decided to go outside to eat lunch on the deck.  Bailey came out with us and he just loves to lay in the sunshine!  Landon and I were eating and chatting, when Bailey spotted someone walking their dogs and ran towards them.  Well this dog apparently didn't like Bailey "charging" at her because she started ATTACKING him!  It was THE scariest thing!  I just stood in our driveway screaming, "OH MY GOSH!  OH MY GOSH!!"  I didn't even know what to do...finally the dog let go of Bailey, but not before breaking her own leash.  Bailey ran towards me and I scooped him up as the dog was running towards me.  I started screaming at it, as did the owner, and thankfully she stopped.  At this point I was sobbing, Bailey seemed ok, but during the attack I literally thought he was going to be killed.  No joke.  He came in the house and just went right under the kitchen table, which means he's scared.  I didn't see any blood or real wounds, so I thought maybe he was okay.  Well, he also loves Reagan's bed and went up there to snuggle.  Remember how I said I was changing sheets...well I also washed Reagan's quilt, all of her pillow shams, the whole nine yards...that's when I discovered Bailey was bleeding and I found the wound on his side.  Poor guy!  Keith told me to call the vet because B was due for his "physical" anyway, so maybe I could take him in as a 2 for 1 special :)  Thank goodness they could get me in and Bailey was fine, they just had to shave his side.  Poor guy was so traumatized though...it was a rough day.  It took about 24 hours for his wound to stop bleeding and he was on an antibiotic for 2 weeks.  Thankfully everything is heeling very nicely now and the owners felt terrible.  Our B got LOTS of extra TLC to help him feel all better!  We are so glad he is ok!!

Poor guy hiding from the vet!

Sweet boy was so good!  He brought a stack of about 20 Bernstein Bear books with him to keep us busy :)

By the time we left the vet, it was time to get Reagan at school.  She was so sad to hear about Bailey.  We came home that afternoon though and enjoyed the beautiful day!  However, not before Reagan misstepped on the driveway, running to tell our neighbor about Bailey, and she wiped out and banged up her knees really good.

We planted tulip bulbs in the fall, not knowing if they would work or not, and were so excited all winter thinking about tulips coming up.  It was so fun all spring to watch them come up...we would check their progress everyday...and then we had BEAUTIFUL tulips!  They were soooo pretty!  I wish they lasted longer :)




Little miss in the stroller, with her 15 band-aids!

No comments:

Post a Comment