Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Welcome Madalyn Ann!

Thursday, February 4th was a BIG day!!  We arrived at the hospital a little after 5:00am to get admitted and ready to meet our baby girl!  

Hooked up and just waiting...

...this was my situation next to me!  Remember I had a sinus infection and an ear infection!?  I was overdosing on saline drops so I could breath out of my nose!!

Daddy was exhausted!  ha!

I got my epidural around 10:00, I think, and my doctor came in to break my water at about 10:30.  She said I was about 4 cm. at that point.  I was feeling very comfortable, just sooo shakey, but not feeling any pain.  By a little after 12 I started to feel a lot of tightness in my tummy, I asked Keith if I was having a contraction and he said "yes, a BIG one!"  Then a minute later I felt it again and was starting to feel a lot of pressure.  Keith grabbed the nurse and I told her what I was feeling and she called the doctor.  Sharon, the doctor, came in and checked me and I was 10 cm. and "plus 2" (whatever that means!).  It was GO time!

This was as I was feeling like "it's time!"

At 12:30 Sharon brought in her delivery box and got her scrubs on.  I was like, "I appreciate the confidence, but I have a 3 hour pushing track record!"  The nurse and doctor assured me it wouldn't take that long!  SOO at about 12:35 I started pushing and pushing...the epidural was WONDERFUL.  I felt NO pain, just the pressure and urge to push.  The doctor asked if Keith wanted to deliver the baby and he said yes, gross me out, but he was excited :)  And guess what, at 1:05 after just about 30 minutes of pushing, Madalyn Ann Kepplinger entered this world!  There is nothing quite like seeing your baby for the first time!  It's just nothing short of a miracle!!

immediate skin to skin for an hour!  Such a precious love!



Sweet girl weighed 9 pounds 4 ounces and was 22 inches long!

Proud Daddy!

We waited in the delivery room for a couple hours before we were moved to the recovery room.  We hadn't been in there long at all when our first visitors arrived...BIGGEST sister and BIG brother with Mum-Mum and Pop-Pop!

Reagan was SOOO excited, Landon wanted NOTHING to do with her (or me!).  He didn't like me in my hospital gown...crazy boy!

PROUD BIGGEST Sissy!







Baby sister brought some gifts along for her big sister and big brother!


All the grandparents couldn't wait to get their hands on the newest little love!


I had texted Reagan's teacher when Madalyn was born so that she knew.  Her teacher said it was too precious to witness Reagan's excitement.  They put an announcement out in the hallway for everyone to see the news!

What a wonderful day meeting our newest daughter.  She was a long time coming and seeing her and holding her I was just in disbelief that she was really here!  She is such a blessing and completes our family!!

1 comment:

  1. So incredibly happy for you guys! She's absolutely beautiful! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete