Monday, January 5, 2009

The Kiddos Know!

Today was the official day of back to the grind! What a sad morning it was to have to be up and at 'em and off to school. It was a fun day though because I got to tell the kiddos that their teacher is having a baby!

We did all of our "routine" stuff this morning and then I asked them if they ever played Hangman before. Several had, so I put the blanks for "I am having a baby!" up on the board and they had to guess the missing letters. It didn't take them too long to figure it out and they were pretty excited. I had told them they were either going to ask me if I ate too many Christmas cookies or if I was pregnant sooner or later! :) They were sweet at first and said, "what?!? we can't even tell!" (By my outfit today I guess you couldn't!) Then they were talking about how I have a NAKED baby in my tummy and how funny that was...oh gotta love 8 year olds! haha!

They told me they are going to give me some name suggestions, so that should be interesting as the year progresses. I'm sure they'll come up with some cute ones!

As the day continued the class had a lot of fun telling everyone that "Mrs. K is having a baby!" It was cute and I know they are excited. One girl even said, "we'll have to be really good now so we don't stress you out and the baby." I told her that sounded PERFECT to me and then five minutes later she was calling another boy in the class names, so that didn't last too long, but it's the thought that counts! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment