Tuesday, April 3, 2012

8 Months!

He sure is a cute sicky boy!

Yesterday marked Landon man's EIGHT MONTH birthday!  So crazy!  You know what that means??  It's officially time to start planning his first birthday party! :)  (actually, first I need to get planning for his baptism in a couple weeks and then we'll start on the birthday fun!)

Yup...this is what happens to the sign now!

How on earth is my little man 8 months old already?  I just can't believe it!  (Don't get me started on how Reags is almost THREE either!  I have been a mess lately!)


As mentioned in the "Sickies" post, Landon got to spend his "birthday" at the doctor's office.  He has his first ear infection, got his first antibiotic, and has to do breathing treatments for a few more days.  Poor thing!  I am SO thankful that he has medicine now though that will help him to feel better.  (I am always nervous to go to the doctor thinking that they are going to do nothing, which is a "waste" but it is piece of mind, which Lord knows I need!  However, if you think your child needs to go to the doctor, obviously something is wrong and you want something that is going to make it better!)  Now we are just hoping our Bubs is on the up!


This past month Landon has continued to do so many things!  He cracks us up and is just learning new things everyday.  He still loves his water, but can now also feed himself puffs!!  YAY!  That whole hand/mouth coordination thing is a tricky one, but he has GOT it down.  The boy loves some puffers.  He is "waving" a little bit too.  His "wave" is more like just putting his hand up in the air.  It's hilarious, but just a little too cute for words.  The boy LOVES, I mean LOVES Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  The minute he sees Mickey crossing the hill (moms, you know what I'm talking about) in the opening song, Landon puts out his arms, stretches out his feet and literally starts shaking with excitement.  It's hilarious!!  In his crib LTK will now pull himself up to his knees when holding on to the railing.  He thinks it is pretty funny and we think he is pretty darn proud of himself when he does that.  Have I mentioned how badly he wants to crawl?  Bubs will get on all 4s and even scoot backwards, but now forward yet.  He rolls EVERYWHERE!!  A few times he has even gotten in the upside down "V" position, where his tush is sticking up in the air.  Such a big man!  One of the sweetest things is Landon really saying "mama" now.  Seriously, is there a better sound in the world than hearing your baby say your name?  It's precious and I love it.  Everything is "mama" but it doesn't matter :)  Oh and he also is starting to sleep on his belly some, which I think is so cute.  HOWEVER, a boy sleeping on their belly is a little different than a girl sleeping on her belly.  We never had SOAKING wet sheets with Reagan from sleeping on her belly...Landon man, a different story.  I am making up for him sleeping in his carseat for 7 months and not have to change wet sheets.  He just really likes a nice, clean bed. :)  Cribs are so fun to change!  Did I mention I have Landon is size 5 diapers!?!  They are none too big and seem to help a little at night!  (We have leftover fives from when Reagan was still wearing diapers, as in a couple months ago!)


Landon is still sticking pretty well to his "schedule."  I just love the predictability that it brings to our day.  For us, it works.  We are going to start "lunch" soon.  For me, I really don't love the whole baby food phase.  I really like when they can start eating "big kid" foods.  I have given Landon some of my banana, applesauce, and some ice cream.  Maybe he's ready for a few more things?!  We shall see!  He seems pretty happy with what he gets and like I said earlier, loves his puffs!  ...especially now with those top toofers!


Landon man is such a laid back, sweet man.  There are days that I think "I've got this down" (being a mom) and oh how I am VERY quickly grounded with the craziness that motherhood brings.  He, in ways, reminds me so much of baby Reagan, but in so many ways is just his own person and is so different.  I love that about him.  I love everything about that sweet boy and am SO blessed that he is mine.  I just love to kiss on his sweet cheeks and the top of that "big" head!  Love you Bubba-boo!  (Thankfully he realizes he has several names and responds to Landon, Bubs, Bubby, Landy, sometimes sister calls him Landon Mae...hilarious...)


my sugars

No comments:

Post a Comment