Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Sickies...

Well both kiddos are sick...yuck!  Reagan has been battling a cold/allergies/cough for almost a month now and Friday night reached it's worse yet.  She and I were up ALL night, bless her heart...her ear hurt SO bad.  I felt terrible.  Tylenol seemed to help her for about 2 hours and by 4:30 Bubble Guppies was on, followed by Dora, and whatever else she asked for that I managed to put on with one eye open :)  THANK GOODNESS our doctor's office has Saturday hours and I called at 9:01 to get her an appointment.  She has a yucky ear infection, but was really acting TOTALLY fine by about 9am.  Somehow no sleep gave her MORE energy...however by naptime, she was OUT!  Thank you antibiotics for kicking in so quickly.

I was putting Landon down for his nap on Saturday and could tell he wasn't feeling his best...just acting a little different and he kept pulling at his hair.  Saturday night he was up ALL night.  Oh my...my poor sugar had the stuffiest nose and was starting to cough a little.  By Sunday he was a faucet of snot and had a yucky sounding cough.  Sunday night was another all nighter and I got pretty nervous around 1:30am when he was kind of "wheezy."  Thankfully he coughed and got the gunk out...he slept "ok" from that point on. 

I was a ZOMBIE on Monday morning, but thankfully Keith could take Landon to the doctor for sick walk in right at 8:00.  I wanted them to be the first there.  I was a wreck waiting for Keith to call me to tell me how Bubs was.  Turns out he has an ear infection and was even given a breathing treatment at the doctor, as he heard some wheezing too.  SCARY!!  We now have a nebulizer at home and I have been giving Landon 2 or 3 breathing treatments a day...thankfull he LOVES some Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and will "watch" that and get through a treatment fairly easily.

I am gross...seriously, I "switched it up" by wearing a Phi Mu shirt that was at the bottom of my t-shirt pile.  Keith even commented that he hadn't seen this t-shirt before...ha!  I tell you, those shirts were some of the best investments I made in college :)

Last night we still snuggled in the guest room together, but he did sleep MUCH better.  Our poor sugar.  His nose is still just running so badly, but hopefully we are on the up from these sicknesses.  I HATE when my babies are sick...it is even worse, for several reasons, when it's BOTH at the SAME time.  I think the pharmacist at Harris Teeter now knows us by name. :) 

Needless to say this past weekend was VERY low key, although Keith did bust out some MAJOR yardwork.  Reagan was quite the helper, I should add.  Now we just need 1) kiddos to feel better (Reagan is really fine, she is crazy!  Bubs is the one that needs to be snot and cough free!) and 2) to get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment