Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter Weekend!

(You would NOT believe the trouble I have had uploading pictures for this post...seriously, it has taken me three days (obviously during nap time) to do this!  Does it take anyone else FOREVER to upload pics!?!)

We had a great Easter weekend and guess what, we STAYED in NC!  We didn't have to travel!  That was pretty nice :)  Gran and Gramps came on Friday afternoon.  We had plans that night to go to the mall to see the Easter Bunny...and of course get Chic Fil A and ice cream.

Reaggie insisted on wearing her bunny ears and wanted Gramps to join in on the fun!

Sweet little bunny! (He is getting MORE teeth!)

Here is our Easter Bunny pic...several comments to make on this...YES, I'm in YET ANOTHER "holiday figure" picture.  One day I won't have to :)  However, it's just the stage of life we're in I guess.  Can I also comment on the fact that I look brunette in this picture...good thing I had a hair appointment the next morning! ;)



We were able to meet up with Keith's childhood friend, Robyn, who was in town with her daughter.  Robyn's husband is a coach for the Clemson baseball team and they were playing Duke.  It was SO great to see her and meet her sweet little Mia!



On Saturday morning my mom and John arrived.  Gran and I got our hair cut in the morning and then work in the kitchen began.  It was such a beautiful day!  We ate lunch and just as I laid Landon down in his crib for his nap I heard Reagan start SCREAMING!!  I RUSHED downstairs and she had tripped and hit her lip on the trim of the back door.  Needless to say blood was GUSHING out of her mouth...SCARY!  It just kept coming and coming...I looked in her mouth to make sure she hadn't lost any teeth or they weren't jammed up in her gums, seriously...it was that bad.  THANKFULLY we had quite the crew here and with cold, wet paper towels and chew toys we were able to get that lip to clot and stop bleeding.  We were anticipating a LOVELY fat lip.  I was just so worried because it seemed like she was losing a LOT of blood.  However she was fine!  She woke up from her nap with a nice honkin' lip.  I assumed Easter pictures would just document the fall, but just as her daddy predicted, it was fine by Sunday.  Phew!

You can kind of see the fatness in the lip in this one!

Reaggie and Landon got SPOILED by Mum-Mum and Pop-Pop Easter Bunny and also Gigi and Gramps Easter Bunny.  LOTS of nice treats and even MORE new dresses for Miss Reagan.  Seriously...she has THIRTY dresses!!!!!  I'm NOT kidding!

Easter Sunday morning the kiddos woke up and Reags was excited to check out what the Easter Bunny had brought for she and Bubs!  They both got some new books, a new outfit, toys, and Reags got some candy too!  Bubby LOVED his new Mickey Mouse stuffed animal...he LOVES Mickey!

Showing Bubs his Mickey!
Checking out his goods!  (I could NOT find a big Easter basket this year, like I was able to find for Reagan.  Was I just not looking in the right places?)
Princess things GALORE!!!

Stylin' man in his new shades!


We had a BIG, yummy breakfast on Easter morning.  After we ate it was time to PLAY!  Reagan had SO much fun playing with all of her playmates (grandparents and great-grandparents!). 

She put on that new dress that the Easter Bunny brought and was out!  This picture is just SO Reagan!

Weeeee!

Enjoying the lovely day with Mum-Mum and Pop-Pop after a nice little morning snooze
Sweet Sugar!!!!  He still wasn't 100% on Easter...still coughing and had such as stuffy nose.

My sweet man and I

The things we go through to get a decent family picture...


Do you not LOVE Landon's face in this picture?!

The best we could do!

Bubs had had it and the phone kept him calm :)

The afternoon was spent in the kitchen!  We had a BIG dinner to prepare.  I couldn't have done it without all of my helpers :)  We had ham, green bean casserole, twice baked potato casserole (thank you Pinterest), spinach salad with green apples and poppy seed dressing, corn pudding (thank you Pinterest), and beer bread.  It was pretty tastey!

After dinner it was time for an Easter Egg Hunt!  Reags had monies, candy, and stickers in those eggs...pretty fun!



After dessert, we had to do one more photo shoot!  All of the guys got "St. Martin" shirts from Gran and Gramps...oops, John didn't have his, but he does have it.  Anyway...thought this was too cute!  Landon is a lucky guy and even has matching shorts too!


We sure did miss my dad and J, but are excited to see them in just over a week for Landon's baptism (finally!).  We had such a nice weekend and we were so glad that family could come to us!

1 comment:

  1. Love the family Easter family photo! And so glad to see that someone else goes through what I go through for family photo ops!!!!!!!!

    Jenn Koehler

    ReplyDelete