Monday, July 2, 2012

What a WEEK!!

Let me just say I'm SOOOOOOOOOO glad that it is this Monday and NOT last Monday....what a difference a week can make. 
 
This was Wednesday maybe and not even CLOSE to the worst of it :(

Again, this looks like nothing compared to what he had

After going to the doctor with Landon last Monday everything kind of nose dived...he got blisters EVERYWHERE from this terrible virus.  Bless him.  It was so sad to hear his whining from him being uncomfortable and him not be able to tell me where it hurt...it broke my heart (and tested my patience).  I don't know that we slept much at all on Tuesday night, but then a little better on Wednesday night.  By Thursday he was COVERED, but they were starting to scab over and he was starting to act a little more like himself.  BUT, guess what?  Reagan spiked a fever on Thursday afternoon and was pitiful.  She fell asleep in our bed at about 6:00 watching Dora...this NEVER happens.  Thursday night her feet started itching and Friday night, oh my word...we didn't go to sleep until probably 4:30 am, literally.  Her feet were just itching the crap out of her.  I felt SO helpless and tried anything I could to sooth her, but was striking out big time.  I even had her in the bath at 4am to try to soak them?!  Saturday morning came and after two lovely hours of sleep we started the day.  I didn't take her to the doctor because I figured they would just say, "yup, it's hand, foot, and mouth...take tylenol and advil.  This just has to run its course."  SOO I went to sweet Evie's 1st Birthday party on Saturday and met up with some friends for ice cream.  By the time I got home all H%##  had broke loose.  Reagan didn't nap and it hurt her SOOO bad when she had to go to the bathroom.  This of course doesn't help that she wasn't even hardly drinking anything because her throat hurt so bad.  Finally, I told Keith I was taking her to the ER, scared she had a UTI.  WELL we actually found an urgent care that was open until 8, so we went there and had the NICEST doctor.  Reagan was pitiful...SO tired and just going crazy over her bumps and it hurting to go potty, but having to so badly.  Turns out the poor thing had a yeast infection too...ugh!  The doctor gave us an antibiotic for that and until we picked that up and got home it was after 10.  We were both VERY tired.  We laid in bed together and then her feet starting itching again...AHHH!  This is when I broke down into tears...I had had it, I can't imagine how both of the kids felt with this.  We did finally get some sleep and even slept in until about 8 on Sunday.  Yesterday was a little better...Reagan took a LONG nap, we're talking 1:00-6:30 when I went in to try to get her to eat some dinner.  She was back in bed by 9 and OUT!  Today she is feeling MUCH more herself, although not eating too much, but she is drinking, THANK GOD!  Landon was feeling much better by Friday too, which was a blessing.  He seemed to do better with it than Reagan, but MAN did he have it SOO MUCH WORSE!!
 
Before it hit this little miss!

Needless to say it was a LONG week, a yucky week, a terrible week.  I am SO thankful that my babies are feeling better and can't imagine one person in the world I would wish this upon.  It is just so awful, atleast it was for my kiddos.  We were supposed to leave this morning for a week long trip to Rochester to see Keith's family, but we decided to cancel just because a 12 hour car ride with 2 kids just getting over this gross-ness and running around with cousins all week really sounded a little crazy.  We are so bummed though. :(

I do really think that there is a reason our kid's get sick and it is so that we appreciate them that much more when they are healthy.  There are days I want to check myself into an insane assilame, but man would I take that ANY DAY over my sweet babies not feeling good!

No comments:

Post a Comment