Thursday, January 17, 2013

Sick Weekend...

Last Friday Rdidn't have school because it was conference day!  A sweet dad from R's class as able to help watch my kiddos during my conference and I watched his daughter during his...it worked out great.  I kind of snuck out of the room where the kiddos were playing and I was pretty sure I heard my LTK not too happy about that...poor man.  Reagan's conference was GREAT!  I was literaly crying, I'm such a basketcase, because I was so proud of what her teachers were telling me.  There are certainly days that I feel like I must be the worst mom because of the way she's acting, but the conference helped to hear that maybe I'm doing a little something right!  When we were finished chatting I went in to get my kiddos and Landon was just lying on Reagan's lap...it was pretty pitiful.  I felt so sorry for him, but so thankful he had his sister there.  I thought that was odd, for him just to lay there, but just figured he was sad that I had left him...

After giving R a HUGE hug and telling her how proud we were of her, I told her we could go to Target and pick out a little treat.  She found a Barbie Princess dress up dress (on clearance!) and some Dora "lipstick."  She was SO excited!!


L was thrilled to be at Target again!!

We came home, had lunch, which L didn't eat a lot of, which is a little unusual for him, but he did have a lot of snacks that morning so I figured he just wasn't that hungry.  I got him ready for his nap, kissed his forehead and I thought it felt a little warm, but he was acting totally normal downstairs so figured he was warm from running and wearing his fleece outfit.  At 2:00, less than an hour later he woke up crying...I thought, awesome nap buddy!  I was hoping I could rock him back to sleep, but he just wanted to be cuddled.  At this point R was screaming in her room..a great "rest" for her as well...you know it's going to be a good afternoon when...By about 2:30 L just started crying...I didn't know why.  It was just such a pitiful little cry.  You know how you know your kid's cries?  It was one I didn't know...I thought maybe his tush was hurting because he did have a bit of diaper rash.  I was going to put him in the bath, but then took his temperature...102.7!!  Poor thing!  I started shaking...of course because I don't handle sickness well at all...I was shaking trying to call Keith, he didn't answer.  I was going to take L's tempature again, he was still crying, and that's when he THREW UP EVERYWHERE!!! All over his carpet...awesome.  Now I was PANICKED!!  I was sure he had the flu.  I was still trying to call Keith...I did call the doctor and made him the next appointment they had, which was at 4.  FINALLY I talked to Keith around 3 and asked him to PLEASE come home.  (I know, I'm such a baby...I was just so scared and sooo convinced it was the flu.  Then couldn't stop thinking about R getting it next...my thoughts were not helping me stay calm at all.)  SOO I managed to get L changed, I was still covered in throw up, his carpet was still covered...I put him on our bed to watch a Mickey and he sat still.  You know he's sick when he'll sit for a show.  ANYWAY...I was able to get him to drink a little water and take some medicine and by the time Keith got home he was feeling SO much better.  Keith took L to the doctor, I cleaned the carpet (and myself up) and thankfully he tested negative for the flu.  He came home and started running around like a crazy man and didn't stop eating all night :)  For that I was SOOO thankful!!

Yup, I just threw up a couple hours ago Mom, but I'm fine now.  Like my high heels?



The model herself!  Bless her heart...she wanted to help me so badly while I was friecking out about Landon.  She said, "mommy, I'll go get my Doc kit and give Landy a check up.  I'll have a diagnosis!"  LOL...thank you Doc McStuffins!


Friday night Landon slept great, but guess who was up early not feeling well??  Reagan.  She had a fever of almost 102 on Saturday morning.  I thought...here we go!  However, she really seemed to feel okay and with medicine she was fine.  Keith had plans to go to a friend's house to watch the State and Syracuse games, which was fine because both kids were acting pretty normal.  Well, L woke up early from his nap so I rocked him and he fell back asleep.  I heard something at his door, stood up, and R was sitting outside the door with her blanket...she "wanted" me.  So she laid down on the floor at my feet and eventually fell asleep.  Landon in my arms, R at my feet...it was so funny.  By 4:30 my arm was literally about to fall off.  Thankfully Landon woke up and I took him downstairs to snuggle with Daddy, who had gotten home a little earlier.  Reagan came downstairs and slept for another hour on the sofa while Keith and Landon played outside.  Fresh air can be the best medicine and it was like 75* out, so that helps :)  Saturday was a cuddle day, but everyone seemed to be doing much better by that night!


Setting up her "bed" :)

Bless him...I loved all of my snuggles with this cutie!

By Sunday Landon was fever free and Reagan just had a very slight temperature, so they had LOTS of outside time.  They had a blast...oh and I was outta here ;)

SOOO excited to wear her pineapple dress and flipflops!  She is such a little summer girl :)

I kept Reags home from school on Monday, but they were both all better by then.  Thankfully it seemed like a quick little bug. It's NO fun when your kiddos are sick...I'm so glad they are back to being the crazy kids that they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment