Monday, July 15, 2013

Shorty's

The kiddos and I ran a couple errands on Saturday morning and by the time we were done they were "SOOOO hungry!!"  We were in Wake Forest, so I thought we'd try this hot dog place on Main Street that I'd been wanting to try for awhile.  It was SOOO stinkin' cute!  We stuck out like the sorest thumbs...everyone knew everyone in there!  (Gran and Gramps, I'm so sorry we never went there, you guys would have LOVED it!)




Landon and Reagan chowed down on hot dogs, I got a burger and some fries.  It was all so good.  The cutest thing was that I'm pretty sure that place hasn't changed since the 1950's...it was so cute!  I think I should have lived in the 50's :)


The owner was so sweet and loved on my kiddos...he made sure they ate their lunch and then came over and gave them a lollipop.  This was Landon's first and he was pretty darn proud of himself.  I told him over and over to "lick it buddy, don't bite."  So on the way home and even talking to Keith that night he said "ya-yi-pop yick, no bite!"


Yes, I took a picture of this...Yes, I'm sad to leave.

Sunday morning this man was cracking me up playing with our collection of fire hats...I'm biased, but he is so darn cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment