Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Wedding and a Visit to Gigi and Mop's!

Saturday morning I left at 6am to head to North Carolina for my dear friend Stef's wedding.  I was SO glad that I could go!!  I made great time...amazing when you don't have traffic or stops with kids :)  I had time for lunch and errands before checking into the hotel to get ready for the wedding, which was pretty exciting.  I felt like I had never left driving around...made me sad...
boy was this nice...I don't even know the last time I stayed in a hotel and I have NEVER stayed in one by myself...it was lovely!

I got to the church in time to get a sneak peak of the beautiful bride!!


Love these ladies!!

The bride and groom!!  They are just the cutest...so happy for Stef and Chris!




The wedding was so fun!  We had a great time and it was SO fun catching up with my teacher friends!!  It felt like I never left and that we saw each other all the time...love them!  We're working on the idea of them making a trip north...can NOT wait!

I had been up since 4am, sooo by 10:30 I was sound asleep.  I was so excited for a full nights sleep.  Couldn't wait for it actually.  At 12:30 I was awakened by the fire alarm going off.  I grabbed my coat and everyone in the hotel was on the steps heading out of the building.  As we waited outside, it started to rain...scratch that, POUR!  So we headed to the parking garage as 3 fire trucks came peeling in and police cars blocked the entrance to the hotel.  We stayed outside for 20 minutes, freezing, before we got the ok to head back in.  Got back to my room, checked my phone for a bit, closed my eyes...fire alarm, AGAIN!  Thankfully that time it went off quickly and we didn't have to evacuate.  Seriously!?  I'm thankful all was ok though and that I didn't have my kids with me...

my view once I got back to my room

Sunday morning I met my sweet friend Heather for breakfast at Bojangles...yum!  Boy do I miss me a chicken biscuit :)  From there I went to visit the Greene's and then off to the Hendrick's to meet their sweet baby, Margaret.  It was sooooo fun catching up!  I wish I had more time, but I was literally in town for about 26 hours :)  I drove by our old house quickly and then it was time to hit the road to meet Keith and the kiddos at Gran and Gramps'.

Monday morning breakfast at Baughers

Mom, John, and Jamie came for the day because Gran made a delish Christmas dinner!

Gran gave Reagan a special flower decoration that she just loves!  Reagan was so proud of it!

Their pretty tree

Bailey is seriously a kitty cat...he just snuggled up next to the stove.  Sweet doggie!



  

One last Gigi snuggle before we headed out!

On our way home we met my mom and John so they could take the kiddos because Keith and I had our electrical walkthrough at the house!  Things are cruising!!

 
We had a lovely New Year's Eve date at Buffalo Wild Wings...apps and beer at 2:00 in the afternoon was our excitement for the day :) ...and a trip to Home Depot and Lowe's!

No comments:

Post a Comment