Thursday, June 26, 2014

Holy Sicknesses!

OH.MY.WORD...SOMETHING invaded our house and it was NOT fun AT ALL!!  So we got back from the beach on Thursday and around 4am Friday morning I work up not feeling so great.  I just laid in bed, started sweating, really started not to feel good, and went to the bathroom....I'll spare the details.  It was one of those times where I was just sweating, hot, felt like crap, didn't know if I was going to throw up...it was awful.  I might have passed out for a minute on the toilet, not totally sure, but woke up with my head against the wall...thankfully I didn't tumble off.  It was just AWFUL!!  I *think* I went back to sleep for a little bit, but I'm not even sure.  Keith had a day full of meetings, but he was able to get the kids breakfast, which was a huge help.  I just stayed in bed all morning, feeling like CRAP.  Reagan needed me to help her in the bathroom around 10:00, which required me to get out of bed and walk down the stairs.  I got in the bathroom, helped her, and had to lay down.  I didn't know if I was going to pass out, throw up...yuck.  I called my mom to see if there was anyway she could come over and help with the kids...thankfully she could and brought them some lunch too.  They played for awhile, Landon went down for his nap, I was on and off sleeping all afternoon.  I texted Heath and told her how I was feeling and this isn't what I had planned for the day and she was up that night like me and feeling the same way!!  Her husband was home with their son that day because she was miserable too...we don't know if it was food poisoning or some type of bug, whatever it was knocked us both out on Friday.

At about 4:30 I heard Landon kind of fussing, but my mom went in to get him.  Then I heard "oh buddy, it's okay" and somehow I dashed out of bed into L's room only to find him throwing up!!  My poor baby, he's never gotten sick like that.  (Not to mention it was ALL over his bed and brand new bedding!! Which PS, is a big boy bed  now!!  I have so many milestones to update on!)  I changed him, brought him to my bed (again feeling like I was going to pass out from standing up for 2 minutes) and my mom cleaned up L's bed.  I think Keith got home around this time and Landon proceeded to throw up, literally, about 12 more times.  I was so worried about him getting dehydrated, it was no fun!  Oh and did I mention Reagan threw up too...however just one time and she was begging to eat dinner as soon as she was done.  She was one and done and totally fine!

Please keep in mind THE NEXT DAY, Saturday, was Reagan's friend party at the park with EIGHTEEN of her closest friends from preschool and ballet coming!!  Should we cancel the party??  What the heck should I do?!!?  All along I had been SO worried about the weather cooperating, and it was to be a beautiful day, thankfully!  Saturday morning I woke up early, since I had slept about 18 hours the day before, and tried to get a few last minute things done for the party and take a shower.  I REALLY wanted to make it to her party.  After a shower and making cupcake toppers, I was spent.  It just wasn't going to happen.  Thankfully I had most of the party things already done, so I drew Keith a couple diagrams, wrote out a little "schedule" and off he and Reaggie went to the party.  I could NOT believe I was not going to my baby's FIFTH birthday party.  She didn't seem too traumatized though and was just so excited that her party day was FINALLY here.

Landon and I stayed at home and snuggled in my bed...Cars 2 was on the night before and we DVR'd it, so we watched that again.  Landon was laying on me and I thought he was being pretty still, turns out he had fallen asleep on me.  It was so sweet...he was out for a couple hours mid-morning, which never happens.  I knew it was what we both needed.  He was drinking Gatorade like a champ too, it's now known as his "special juice that make him all bey-yer (better)."  

Needless to say the sicknesses were NO fun for anyone!!!!  It did come and go pretty quickly though, so for that we were very thankful!
A little sicky snuggle time with my little man

No comments:

Post a Comment