Thursday, September 10, 2015

Baby K #3 (Early) Timeline!

A look back...

Monday, June 1, 2015 - I woke up around 6:00 and took a pregnancy test.  I let it sit for several minutes while I watched the news in bed...at a commercial I got up to check it, NERVOUS for what it would say and LOW AND BEHOLD...TWO LINES!!  (I had taken a test a week before and it was negative, which I was sad about and told myself that in one week if I still didn't have my period, I'd do it again...hence why I did it on a Monday morning)  That's when the "oh $%@!" factor kicks in...but in the best possible way!!  Keith got home from the gym JUST as Reagan walked into our room, so I wasn't able to tell Keith right away.  I sent Reagan back to her room to turn off her nightlight and fan and then asked Keith to go check on something in the bathroom for me...he said, "what do you need me to check??"  I just smiled at him and he said, "ARE YOU PREGNANT??" :) :)  Yes, yes Daddy I am!


SOOO that morning I called my family doctor, I didn't even have an OBGYN that I wanted to use!  She sent me for blood work to confirm the pregnancy...that came back positive the next day :)


June 6, 2015 - Reagan's Family Party Day and we wanted to tell my family then!  I made this little framed picture collage for them to unwrap to get the news!  I've never seen them in person to be able to tell them I was pregnant, so it was pretty fun!  Needless to say they were all VERY excited! :)






June 24th - I had a doctor's appointment that morning to see the baby and actually find out when I'm due.  It was THE BEST feeling in the world to see that little heartbeat thumping away on the ultrasound...we couldn't hear it, but we could certainly see it!  The due date was adjusted to February 4th, 2016!  I was 7 weeks 6 days the day of the ultrasound. :)  At this same appointment I had to do a glucose test, since Landon was over TEN POUNDS, they just wanted to make sure I didn't already have signs of gestational diabetes.  That was a good time...a momma that feels like crap already in the morning, needing to fast, and then drink the sugary nastiness...that's just cruel!  Turns out I failed that one by 5 points...SOOO my July 3rd was spent at Quest at 6:30 in the morning for the THREE HOUR glucose test, that THANKFULLY I passed!!



July 29th - We had a big first trimester ultrasound the day after Keith's birthday.  They do things much differently here in DE than in NC!  In NC I did all my testing through bloodwork, but this was an added ultrasound to measure the baby's growth, fluid around the brain, the nasal bone and I'm sure much more.  It was very nervewracking, but so sweet.  Reagan came with us, Landon stayed with Colleen...he "not want to go."  We kept seeing the baby's hand wave across the screen, he or she was waving at their big sister (and mommy and daddy!)  We had a great report at the ultrasound and all looked wonderful.  The relief and overwhelming sense of thankfulness was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment