Thursday, September 10, 2015

Telling the Kiddos "THE News!"

We told the kiddos on Friday, July 17th the BIG news!  This was a big Friday because Momma actually cooked dinner too...usually Friday is a fend for yourself/pizza/go out/whatever night for dinner :)

Crazy kid on the deck enjoying dinner

...and another crazy one!

After dinner each kid had in mind a "dessert" that they wanted, but I told them Mommy and Daddy had a special treat for them...well that caused a meltdown and tears...it just added to the fun of the night!  ha!  Finally they calmed down and we gave them their box and present!




A little bakery in town was SO sweet and made wonderful (peanut free!) sugar cookies for the kids to let them know the news!  She wrapped them up so cute...I was very impressed!


"Do you know what your cookies say?  Landon's yours says 'Big Brother' and Reagan's yours says 'Biggest Sister.'  They say that because Mommy is pregnant and we're going to have a BABY!!!!" (at this point I was crying!)

Reagan is clearly EXCITED!

Landon just wanted the cookie, but I hadn't taken a picture of it yet, so I told him not to eat his cookie yet...

...which resulted in this!

Here is the bless-ed cookie that I NEEDED a picture of!  Isn't it cute?! 

Then they each got a "big sister" and "big brother" book

He was thrilled with the news...can you tell?

Then there was this one...she couldn't have been cuter or more excited if she tried!

Yay!

Feeling a little happier now that half the cookie was in his belly!

They HAD to run down and tell their buddies!

I am going to burn Keith's shirt ;)

Then to the Hunts

Reagan was TOO cute, as I've mentioned, and wanted to call everyone and let them know!!  She called Gigi and Mop, Mum-Mum and Pop-Pop, Grandpa and Nana, Uncle Mike, Aunt JJ...she chatted the longest with Gigi though and was just talking a mile a minute :)


Now that is the face of an excited BIGGEST sister!!

It was such a special night...and I could finally explain (mostly to Reagan) why I had been so sleepy and sickly lately!  Thankfully by the time we told the kids I was starting to feel more and more human again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment