Friday, March 4, 2016

Week #2

Our 2nd week started out a little rocky...we were to have a photographer come on President's Day, the 15th, to do newborn pics and she wound up cancelling because she was sick.  That is totally fine, except I didn't see her email until I had everyone dressed, fed, and ready by 10:30 and was wondering why at 10:45 she still wasn't here.  SOOO my post pregnancy hormones kicked in and I cried for awhile...it all worked itself out, but man was I not a happy camper!

On Tuesday I woke up with terrible cramps...I was so worried what it was.  Called the doctor, she suggested I go in to be seen.  SOO Madalyn had a dr's appt that morning and then it was off to my appointment.  Madalyn did great and at 12 days old was 8lbs 13.5ozs.  She was looking great!  All worked out at my appointment too...Keith wound up driving me there and then my mom met us there to drive the kiddos and I home...always exciting!

Reagan was SOOO excited to hold her sissy like this and WALK with her!  Of course I was right there with her, but man was she happy!


Helping Mommy!

Milk drunk!  Look at those cheeks!


On Friday, Amy and Brady came over to meet the babe and for a visit.  Amy and I were chatting in the kitchen and all of a sudden I smelled a burning smell, like burning plastic.  Amy smelled it too, but after looking around the kitchen we couldn't figure out where it was coming from.  The boys were in the playroom, so we went to check on them and the smell was even WORSE in there!  Amy and I searching all over the house and could not find where the smell was coming from, but we were also worried it might be electrical!?  SO I called the fire department and explained the situation.  The man I was speaking to said, "m'am I'm going to need you to call 911 immediately and evacuate your house!"  That is just what we did...we wound up at the Stringer's while we waited for the fire truck to arrive.  The fire fighters searched the house and decided it was probably our heater making the smell.  They turned everything off and told me to make sure a repairman could come ASAP.  LONG STORY short, it was a bad blower and by 7 that night it was all fixed.  Good thing because our house was getting COLD!  Always an adventure, but so glad all was ok!

Saturday morning Reagan and I had some time together!  She recently got an AMAZING report card and she loves getting gel done, so that was one of her rewards!  We had a fun morning together :)  That afternoon Heather and Katie came over to do our newborn photo shoot...they did such an amazing job!  SO thankful they were able to do the pictures!

our little sneak peak...look at that sweet baby!

On Sunday we went furniture shopping, we were looking for new sofas for the family room, and then visited Uncle Mike at McKenzie's for lunch.  This was the view in the back...THREE!  How did we get so lucky??

And just a pic of the sweetness modeling another sweet outfit from Aunt Kristin!

No comments:

Post a Comment