Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy 2nd Anniversary!

It is hard to believe that Keith and I have already been married for two years! We had planned a trip to Chicago a long time ago and were so excited to go. Uncle Walker lives there, so the plan was to visit him and also enjoy a trip to the windy city!


I must preface with the fact that Keith and I weren't going to exchange gifts since we were going on a trip. I had just mentioned very casually a few weeks ago that the traditional gift for year two is cotton. On Thursday night, the day before we left, Keith came home from class saying he had a gift for me. I said, "Keith!! We said we weren't going to do anything!!" I felt awful because I didn't have anything for him. He said, well I had to get you something cotton. He then gives me a Mimi-Maternity bag with my first maternity outfit wrapped up inside of it. It was so sweet!!

So we left for Chicago on Friday morning and arrived by mid afternoon! Walker picked us up at the airport, but had no idea about our little surprise we were going to tell him. While waiting 12 hours in JFK...not really, just felt like it...Keith and I were talking about how to tell Walker. We decided Keith should leave his "Daddy" book on the coffee table for him to just happen to see. Well the book was in the back seat of his car with me and Keith's suitcase. When we got to his apartment, Walker opened the door of the backseat to get out the suitcase and saw the book...he was in shock! He was like, "Steph, are you pregnant?!?!?" Even telling him yes several times, he still had a hard time believing it!



We went out to dinner, went shopping on the Magnificent Mile, took a carriage ride around Chicago, and of course, had Sunday dinner! It was a great trip and Chicago is a great city!!

No comments:

Post a Comment