Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Oh Sugar...

On Monday I had to go in for my "glucose screening." Basically I had to drink this sugary liquid, that I heard terrible things about, but it was actually DECLICIOUS! Seriously!! I had fruit punch flavored and it tasted like kool-aid, so I was a happy camper :) This test checks for diabetes and whether or not I am anemic...I was a little nervous about the test in general because, as you all know, I have a bit of a sweet tooth! After drinking the liquid I had to wait an hour before they could take my blood. I had my normal checkup and everything is great. That baby's heartbeat is 160 per minute, which was perfect! I am measuring 25 inches, which is right on track for 25 weeks and managed to gain another 5 pounds!!! YIKES! I sure hope it comes off as easily as it seems to come on...riiiight! After my appointment was over I mananged to get a little school work done, which seems to be ENDLESS right now, and then it was time for blood. My right arm was not cooperating, of course the veins were moving or something, so on to the left arm. A few pokes here and another couple there and FINALLY the nurses were able to get the three viles of blood that they needed. I am happy to report that all is well and I can continue having a sweet treat here and there! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment