Saturday, February 28, 2009

One Scary Afternoon...

On Thursday, February 26th I came home from school at around 5:00, pulled in the garage, opened the side door, like I always do, and called for Bailey to go potty. When he didn't come right away I knew something was wrong...I looked to the right and our back door was halfway open with the molding around it torn off the wall and and deadbolt sticking out! SOMEONE HAD ROBBED OUR HOUSE! I immediately got in my car and backed out of the garage because I just didn't know if anyone was still in the house and then tried to call Keith. He didn't answer, so while I was on hold with the secretary, I went to the neighbor's to have him walk through the house for me. He did and I asked him if he saw Bailey, and he didn't! NOW I was really having a heart attack!! Finally I got in touch with Keith and he came home as quickly as he could. I called 911 and the local police officer was here within a few minutes. He wanted me to walk through the house with him, but I was a little too spooked. In the mean time, the neighbor was walking around the yard calling for Bailey and heard him barking...turns out the little guy was put up in our bathroom! THANK GOODNESS he was safe! I felt soooo much better once I got some kisses from my Bais! Okay, now to walk through the house to see what was gone. The 50" TV that was in our family room, mounted over the fireplace, the TV from our bedroom, our computer, my IPod, 2 DVD players, stereo equipment, and my old laptop from college. Thankfully all replaceable! They did go through our closets too, I guess looking for money or valuables, but found nothing. A guy came out to dust for fingerprints, but found nothing. These guys knew what they were doing and were gloved. We are just thankful that it wasn't any worse. Our house was not destroyed, just missing a few things! Mommy tried to stay as calm as possible for the little peanut, but that was not an easy thing to do. I think it is just going to take us awhile to accept what happened...you just never think it's going to happen to you. Lock up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment