Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Oh What a Night

I know I am SUPER behind in posting about Reagan's party and her 12 month info, for those of you interested, BUT we had a VERY adventurous, scary night last night....

Yesterday we went to the pool with Kristin, Keith's sister, and her daughter, Lyndsey.  Keith stayed home with us yesterday too, which was nice!  WELL...we were playing in the very shallow part of the pool and Reagan was holding onto my leg.  She slipped and went under the water, lying down, for a second, maybe two.  Well I picked her up IMMEDIATLY and she was shocked and trying to gasp for air for another second or two.  She started crying and was fine right way, wanted to get back down in the water.  Gave me a dag gone heart attack though!  We kept playing in the pool, had lunch, came home, Reags took a great nap, took a bath, played more with Lyndsey, went out to dinner with Kristin and Lyndsey, they started their drive back to NY, and on our way home Reagan "spit up" some watery mucus.  Keith said something about "dry drowning" or "secondary drowning" and of course that got me all nervous.  SO I googled this, which is the WORST thing you can do, and began to panic!!!  I called the pediatrician's office to speak to the advice nurse.  She said everything sounded like she would be fine, especially because Reagan was acting FINE all day.  The nurse did recommend having Reagan sleep in her pack n' play in our room though, just to keep an eye on her.  Hello!  Panic attack!!  7:15 rolled around and Reagan was so tired, so I put her down.  She drank her bottle and when she was eating I decided I would sleep on the floor of her room because she does MUCH better in her crib then the pack n' play.  I put her down, she wasn't totally asleep, came in the office to check my email, and Keith wanted me to tell him again exactly what the nurse had said.  As we were talking I heard a nasty cough, RAN into Reagan's room and she had thrown up in her crib...everywhere.  So I picked her right up and she projectiled all over her carpet!!  We were NERVOUS WRECKS!!!  That was it, we put ourselves in the car and off to the ER we went.  Keep in mind Reagan and I were both covered in vomit, well not covered, but had it on us for sure.  We got to the ER and we got all checked in and seen pretty much right away, which was a blessing.  Reagan did SOOO great!!  Oh my gosh I could cry...her first exam was great, then we went back into a real room to wait for the doctor and she was wonderful.  He ordered some x-rays to be done to make sure she wasn't developing pnemonia (spelling?!).  They had to put her in this baby "device" to do the x-rays, and it was so sad.  She did great and looked right at her daddy the whole time.  It was kind of like a form fitting jumperoo because her lets just hung and this clear plastic piece suppored her torso and Keith had to hold her arms up in the air to get the pictures they needed.  Everything came back fine with that.  Needless to say everything seems to be just fine.  They wanted me to take Reagan to the doctor today for a follow up, but thankfully we already had her one year physical scheduled for today anyway.  Reagan passed out on the way home, about 9:45, and slept with mommy and daddy last night.  She tosses and turns a LOT, but she slept great and we are just sooo thankful that she is okay!!  Those of you that know me, know I was a basket case!!  I just cried and cried...oh man...all seems well today!  Reagan is "singing" in her crib right now even though I thought for sure she would be OUT for a nap with going to bed so late and still getting up at 6:30!  I will post all the FUN things this afternoon, assuming Reagan takes her nap! :)

**HUGE thank you to our WONDERFUL neighbors, Darin and Margaret!!!  They called the ER for us to let them know we were coming and then even cleaned up the GROSS mess that Reags left in her crib and carpet.  We owe them BIG TIME!!  Thanks guys!! :) :)

5 comments:

  1. STEPH! That is SOOO scary, I am so glad that RMK is a-okay. I would have done the same thing and rushed straight to the ER. I know you didn't get any rest last night, I hope you get some today. LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very scary indeed! Hang in there, Momma!!! I would have done the same thing too! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I got all teary-eyed/scared just reading it! I am so glad she is ok!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You poor thing! So glad little miss is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have done the same thing!! It is so scary when they cannot tell you what hurts. I am glad she is fine now!!

    Nanc

    ReplyDelete