Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July Weekend!!

What a weekend!!!!!!!!!!  This is going to be long, just an FYI!

On Friday night we left for Pennsylvania to spend the 4th with my family.  We got in late on Friday night, but Reags did good in the car and went right to sleep when we got to my dad's house.

Saturday we got up, hung out, and headed over to my mom's for a cookout.  Gran and Gramps came up for the day and it was just a lot of fun!




Sunday we had decided that my dad, Jamie, Keith and I would head to Rehoboth Beach for the day.  My mom and John kept Reagan for us and we could just LOUNGE on the beach...ahhhhh!!  We got to the beach around 11 and made plans to meet my dad and J for lunch at noon.  Needless to say we were on the beach for less than an hour and it was PACKED, but still sooooo nice!!



At noon we headed up to Grotto's, sat pretty much on the boardwalk, and ordered a drink and our pizza.  I ate about a slice and a half of pizza and started not to feel so good...not like I was going to throw up or anything, just didn't feel right.  I got up to go to the bathroom and had to wait in a little line.  I wasn't in the line long when I really started to feel lightheaded.  I walked out of the bathroom and sat in a booth right outside the door and that is when I fainted!!!!!!  I woke up to about 15 faces looking at me, none of which were my dad or Keith.  A woman asked my name when I "woke up" and she must have known where we were sitting and went to the table to tell my dad that I was "on the floor."  My dad and Keith ran back and we were all told that I had apparently fallen face first out of the booth.  There was a doctor eating at the restaurant that said I needed to go to the hospital.  (If you know me, you know I freak out and I was still not feeling great at this point, but also friecking out!)  One of the waitresses had called 911 and within minutes an ambulance was there with paramedics and everything.  They walked me out of the restaurant and put me on a strecher and into the ambulance I went.  I couldn't really believe that all this had happened.  When we got to the hospital they tested my blood sugar right away and it was only 48....normal is 100.  Yikes!!  I had to drink orange juice and apple juice and eat this totally NASTY chicken salad sandwich to try to raise that ASAP.  Meanwhile, the nurses are asking what happened about 1,000 times and then a doctor walks in and asks me if "sudden death" runs in my family, or if I think I'd had a heart attack, or was this a grand mal seizure....AHHHHHH!!!  I was scared to death!  Needless to say I had to have an EKG, a catscan, blood drawn about 5 times, and an IV of fluids all to find out that everything was a-okay!!  THANK GOODNESS!! Oh have I mentioned yet that my lip is huge and I have scrapes on my nose and under my right eye? :)  We were SO lucky to be in and out of the ER in about 3 1/2 hours....how quick is that?!  The nurses were sooo sweet to me and dealt very nicely with my paranoia.  Sadly, this was not how our fun day at the beach was supposed to go, but it all worked out and we were all just happy that everything was okay.

We went back into Rehoboth for a little while after leaving the hospital.  I had really wanted to go in the Ann Taylor outlet, ha!, so Keith and I walked in and he said, "Steph, you've had a hard day...get whatever you want!"  (I thought I was going to faint again!)  I found NOTHING!!  Can you believe it?!  I still wasn't feeling great though, so I'm sure that had something to do with it.  Looking back now I should have just gotten SOMETHING!!  We did go back downtown and got an ice cream before we headed back home.  We were all pretty tired after our "exciting" day.

On Monday I still wasn't feeling great, still very low on energy, but we did go see my Grandpa late that afternoon.  He was SO happy to see Reaggie!!  He wanted me to walk her around to show her off...it was very sweet.  We had some yummy burgers for dinner Monday night and then hit the road Tuesday morning.

All in all it was a very nice trip home!  It just had a slight unexpected twist in it...I just kept thinking how thankful I was that Reaggie hadn't gone to the beach with us that day! :)

Hope you had a great 4th of July weekend!! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Next time you feel light-headed, get to the floor asap! I've taken a few ambulance rides to know that they think you're dying....glad everything is okay! I fainted last night at my parents house---ran to their bedroom and dove on the floor right as I was passing out. We should share stories :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete