Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Apple Cake Delicious-ness!

Last Wednesday while Gran, Gramps, and my mom were here, we made a yummy dinner and had to have a little dessert to go with it.  A neighbor of ours gave me this recipe last year and I had yet to try it.  (She actually made it for our Christmas party.)  After eating a rather large slice on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday...I thought I should share this yummy fall-ish recipe! :)

(clearly not my picture, but the closest I could find online!)

Apple Cake

3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice (I used nutmeg)
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup oil
2 beaten eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups chopped, peeled apples (about 3 large apples)
1 cup chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
sifted powdered sugar

1.  Stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and allspice; set aside.
2.  In a mixing bowl combine sugar, brown sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla.  Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.  Add dry mixture and beat on low speed just until combined.  (It is a VERY thick batter, I had to mix the last bit by hand)  Fold in apples, pecans, and lemon peel.
3.  Pour batter into greased bundt pan.  Bake at 350* for an hour or until toothpick comes out clean.  Cool for 10 minutes on wire rack and then remove from pan.  Cool thoroughly on wire rack and sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That pic is adorable!! I love the new blog border too!! Thanks for the recipe. I can't wait to try it. It sounds like a good breakfast for an on the go teacher! Love you!1
    Nanc

    ReplyDelete