Monday, October 10, 2011

Over the River and Through the Woods

WARNING:  Picture overflow and LONG post! :)

Last Sunday I was feeling quite ambitious and decided to call Gran and Gramps to see if they would like us to come visit them for a couple days.  Of course they were SO excited and the packing began to leave first thing Monday morning!

Reagan was a very sylish helper :)

On Monday morning we were out the door by 9:00 and on our way to Maryland!  Landon had just eaten, so he had a full belly, and Reagan had her movies.  I bought her Barney's Halloween as a "special treat" and she LOVED it.  She has been rather into Barney lately...brings back memories of when my brother was little! ;) 

The drive was WONDERFUL!  We stopped at about 11:30 at a Chic Fil A in Virginia, in the rain.  Thank goodness for my minivan (insert scarcasm) because there was plenty of room to eat and change diapers without going into the rain with two kids.

Reagan wanted to sit in her seat in the back and enjoy her lunch...I sat on the floor and gave Landon man his bottle.

Landon's lounging chair while I changed Reaggie :)

We made great time to Gran and Gramps' and both kids slept, even at the same time!  It was a perfect car ride...they did super!!

Reagan wearing her new princess jammies that I had to run to Kohls to get...it was COLD up there!!  She was ready to sleep in Gigi's special big girl bed!

Tuesday morning we were up and at em.  We started the day at Baughers for breakfast, then headed to the mall, and then Huffman's for ice cream, which was our lunch.  Yum!

Reagan decided to eat Gramps' toast and bacon instead of her own pancake!

Notice the new "bootiful" pink princess crown?  That was a purchase at the mall and had to be worn while enjoying a delicious ice cream cone.

Sweet man playing on his playmat!

Tuesday afternoon my Aunt Diane came over to visit and it was SO great to see her.  I wish I had taken a picture.  She brought the kiddos a few goodies and we chatted for awhile.  A little later Gran's friend, Celeste, came up to visit and we all had a delish Panera dinner of soup in a bread bowl...yummmmmo!

Wednesday morning we were up and at em again to make the trip to my mom's.  It is ONLY an hour and a half from my Gran's to my mom's and that trip felt AH-MAZING!

Reagan has a new favorite activity...playing in the sink and doing dishes!  This kept her VERY busy!!

Sweet Landon ready to cheer on the Phillies (even though it turned out to be a failed attempt)

Cutest little Phillies Phan!

Thursday morning...up and at em again!  We were heading to visit my Grandpa that morning.  Reaggie was happy to see her Pappy and he was excited to see her and meet little Landon.  Of course it was nothing buy craziness, but it was a great visit!  My grandpa is a pretty amazing guy :)

Grandpa with 2 of his 3 great-grandchildren!

With his "oldest" granddaughter :)

After we left Grandpa's we headed over to Mary Campbell to see Jamie!  My dad had to switch vans with me and my mom came to get Reagan.  J, Landon, and I went out to lunch and made a Target run.  We had a great afternoon!  I was pretty exhausted by the end of the day ;)

Hey guess what?  Friday we were up and at em...AGAIN! :)  We planned on going to the Plumpton Park Zoo, which I had never been to.  It was only about 15ish minutes away and great for Reagan.  She loved seeing the animals!  Slight glitch was that my stroller was at my dad's from the day before and I didn't even think about that until I opened my trunk to find NO stroller.  Lovely!  We made it work though with wagons that they had for rent...not the best, but it worked.

My mom pushing Landon in his makeshift stroller...backwards so that the sun wasn't in our sweet man's eyes!

What are you guys doing to me? 

Loving it!



It was by no means a large zoo, but perfect for Reagan's age.  I know she would LOVE the "big" zoo.  We went to an Amish farm afterwards, which was a lot of fun.   My mom picked up a few things and Reagan picked out a couple "little, little bootiful pumpkins." 

My sweet Heather stopped by that afternoon, which was wonderful!  She is coming to visit for a weekend in November, which will be fab.

Friday evening we headed over to my dad's to play/eat/hang out.  We had fun and by 7:30 it was "time" to head back to my mom's with the kiddos...exhausting.  The Phillies were on and I stayed up until 11:15 to watch that bless-ed game...good for you St. Louis fans, bad to be a Philly fan.

Saturday morning...NO RUSHING...it was so nice!  We did get ready for the day early because Reagan had a date with her Grandpa to play on the swingset and Gran and Gramps were coming for the day.  It was just nice not to have to go out and about and rush around :)

Playing with Cory the kitty, more like annoying him!

making pancakes with Pop-Pop

this boy MELTS me!!!


My sweet babies!

After a delicious dinner Mum-Mum made Reags and ice cream cone with sprinkles...to avoid a total MESS she wore a beautiful apron, too cute!

Snuggles with Gigi!

J loves when the flash goes off ;)

Sunday morning we were off for our long trip back to the NC state.  We were on the road by 8:15, so I was happy with that.  About 20 minutes later, while Reagan was watching a movie, I could tell she didn't feel so good.  She gave me the DVD player and I thought she was looking like she might get sick...don't you know 2 minutes later she threw up.  NICE!  I was half tempted to turn around and go back to my mom's, but Reagan seemed fine and wanted to go to "Reaggie's house."  She didn't eat much for breakfast, so I'm pretty sure she just got car sick.  She just hung out and then fell asleep until we stopped for lunch.  After an oh so enjoyable lunch stop at Wendy's, (where they messed up my plain burger and I had to go to the bathroom while holding Landon and making sure Reagan didn't touch anything) pulling over on the side of 85 to give Landon a little more bottle, the rest of the ride was great and we were home by 2:30. 

It was a great time and wonderful to see everyone, but it is nice to be back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment