Sunday, January 29, 2012

3-0!

Yesterday we celebrated my parent's 30th anniversary of becoming parents :)  ha!  Yes, I turned THIRTY yesterday...hard to believe.  I used to think 30 was old, but not I am convinced it is the new 20, right!? 

It was a wonderful day that started off with Landon being up 5,000 times in the middle of the night...seriously Bubby, thank you! :)  He couldn't wait to celebrate...he actually now has Reaggie's cold and the poor thing just couldn't breath.  Breaks my heart!  When it was really time to get up though I woke up to Reags singing "Happy Birthday to Mommy, Happy Birthday to Mommy, Happy Birthday to Mommy" about 15 times.  It was precious.  Keith made a delicious breakfast for us and I even had a fun few gifts to open.  My very big and VERY fun gift this year is a trip to PUNTA CANA in February with my best friend, Ellen, and her hubby!!  We are SOOOO excited!!!!!  We told the boys last year that we didn't want a party, we wanted a trip!  Oh my word are we all so excited!!

I had to cover my eyes so I couldn't see my surprises before...Keith was so cute and did a whole beach theme!  Bless his heart, he said he looked everywhere for a new beach bag, but couldn't find one, so with the help of Ellen (thank you darlin'!) he ordered one from Land's End.  ha!  I had some fun treasures inside including a new cover up, suntan lotions, and a gift certificate to my toes did before we go!


Reags picked this out herself...she is a natural! :)


This is my favorite...do you see that "Mom."  Oh my heart melts!


We have a couple VERY silly kiddos!

Our sweet neighbor Michelle said that she would watch the kiddos for us so we could go to lunch at my fav, Maggianos.  BUT, since BOTH have colds and Landon was up a lot the night before there was no telling how long he would nap, yada yada.  So we told her we would take a raincheck and Keith picked up Jersey Mike's instead.  Once the kiddos were down for their nap I managed to pull myself slightly together to atleast wear "real" clothes, slap on some make up and head out to do a little shopping.  I picked up a great new coat that I'm very excited about, a new dress for our trip (yay!), and some things for the kiddos. :)  It was a nice, relaxing trip to the mall.

By the time I got home dinner was almost ready.  I sure could get used to that ;)  Keith made a yummy dinner of bacon wrapped chicken and it was followed by a delicious Coldstone cake.  Reagan could hardly wait to bust into the cake, which is so unlike her to want sweets, but man did she LOVE it.  Keith was so thoughtful and although I usually have the cookie dough cake, which has raw egg in it and R is allergic, he got the mint chocolate chip cake so Reaggie could have some.  What a sweet daddy!


Sweet Bubby didn't know what to think about all of those candles...this is his first birthday celebration!  I think he wished he could of had some cake...we assured him he could next year.

It really was a special day.  I don't think I mind that I am 30 now at all because I am so happy with where I am in my life.  I have a sweet hubby and two precious babies.  I'm a lucky girl.  I seriously remember turning 20 at Elon like it was yesterday.  Danieley girls, that was the "it's a beautiful day for a beautiful girl" birthday :)  ha!  How much my life has changed in those ten years...I can only imagine how much more it will in the next.  Bring it on!!  Now let's get that countdown going for PUNTA CANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You made me laugh! "It's a beautiful day for a beautiful guuuurllll"...Oh, Minta! My most favorite presents are trips away, and I hope ya'll have a blast! I'm sure you will :) So glad you had a perfect day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete