Friday, January 6, 2012

Reagan Lately

I feel like, for my own memory, I need to do a quick little post on our sweet Reagan and all that she is up to lately.

2 1/2 is in full swing, in fact, we are getting close to 3 and it shows!!  She is quite the opinionated girl and likes things done HER way.  She really doesn't like it when I sing a song on tv or in the car (I know my voice is not great, can't say I blame her) and she was saying, "NO MOMMY, don't sing" and I would correct her each time and tell her to ask nicely...thankfully she now says, in a calm voice, "Mommy, please don't sing."  ha! 


On the other hand she is such a sweet, compassionate, thoughtful girl.  For being only 2 1/2 she does amaze me everyday.  I am so proud of the sister she is to Landon.  She is SO sweet to him and loves on him all the time.  She constantly tells him, "Bubba when you get bigger you can ____" (usually whatever she is doing...for example, you can wear high heels when you get bigger!  ha!)  She is a good helper with him and makes Landon laugh all the time.  My heart explodes when the two of them are playing together and laughing...I only hope that continues, although I am well aware my number is up eventually!  I am also so impressed with Reagan and how gentle and thoughtful she is with my sister, Jamie.  Reagan was helping her eat while we were home for Christmas, she helped me wash Jamie's hair, and she even was doing J's hair with her new princess hair accessories.  She has always loved J and is so compassionate towards her.  I love that and, again, I am so proud of her.


Reagan cracked me up the other day (one of her favorite phrases) because I always tell she and Landon to "slow down!  You are getting too big too quick"  Landon was sitting on the floor for a couple seconds by himself and Reagan put her head in her hands and started pretend crying.  She said, "Bubby, you growing up too quick, slow down."  haha! 

Sister is also, in case you hadn't noticed, TOTALLY into princesses now.  THANK GOODNESS we set the ground rules early that dress up dresses are only for our house, as well as the shoes.  Oh my word!  The girl wakes up EVERY morning asking to put on a princess dress and high heels.  I love it!  She loves her jewelry, crowns, high heels, and pretend make up, especially lipstick.  I love when I catch her brushing her hair on the side of her head and singing in her so sweet voice, "a dream is a wish your heart makes..." just like Cinderella does.  Pretty darn cute!  Along with being a princess means having a prince.  Reagan's is her daddy, which melts her tough guy, soccer playing, banker daddy into a puddle.  She plays music on her Dora or princess CD player and they dance at the ball together :)  I told her one day she'll have a prom and then her wedding where she will be a real princess and get to dance with her prince...she loved that.  The CD player is not usually too far away from Reagan and recently she is saying she wants to take it everywhere with us so she can "jam."  Seriously!?  Again, cracks me up!


A couple more of Reagan's favorite things to say lately are "Mommy, I promise" and "where we going today?"  (meaning if we get dressed, that obviously means we are going somewhere, otherwise we have a "jammie day.")

Reagan has quite the imagination and is always playing pretend.  She loves to play restaurant and ask us what we want.  She has a cute little clipboard that she puts paper on and writes all of our orders down.  She is usually out of french fries, which is a total bummer! :) She also got a little doctor kit for Christmas and loves playing with that and using the little clipboard to ask us questions about why we came to see Dr. Reaggie. 

She is still loving on all of her babies and is a very good mommy to them.  She feeds them, used to change their diapers ALL the time (that is dying out a little), and takes them for walks. 
We are just so proud of Reagan and her wonderful personality.  While we certainly have our fair share of meltdowns and time-outs, we remind her that our job as her parents is to teach her to do the right thing.  We love her so much and love listening to her...the things she says.  I feel beyond blessed to have a sweet, loving, and kind little girl.  I love this age and pray that she stays this sweet forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment