Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Birthday Trip to PA!

Last Thursday  morning, the kiddos and I made the trip up to PA to see my family and to celebrate (a couple days early) my sister's 28th birthday!  It was such a great trip, however it started off a little shaky...

We left the house at 8:45 and by 9:15 Reagan said she felt "pukey" and within about a minute of saying that, orange juice and rice krispies were all over her front and her carseat.  Lovely right?!  SOO we pulled over on the side of Rt. 1 to get all cleaned up.  Twenty minutes later we were on the road again...45 minutes after that we had to stop because Landon man was ready for a bottle.  Reags had a pee pee break in our little portable potty that we have and we were on our way.  An hour and a half later was a stop on the side of 95 because R thought she might get sick again.  I put her up in the front with me and had to get some fresh air out of my window.  We stopped about 20 mintues later for lunch.  We got Chic Fil A and then drove around the corner to a Walmart parking lot that was a lot less crowded.  Sorry if TMI, but I had to go to the bathroom SO bad but didn't want to schlep two kids into a bathroom with me, SO I used Reaggie's potty...hahaha, yes quite the site.  Seriously, you do what you have to do!  After potty breaks, lunch, diapers changed, bottle, gas filled up we were FINALLY on the road again, still 2 1/2 hours away.  We get on the highway and Landon started SCREAMING and then Reagan was too because she was tired and wanted her blankey, which was covered in puke.  SOO back on the side of 95 we go.  I think this is when the tears kicked in, along with over two hours to go still I had pretty much HAD it!  However, L just needed a little more bottle, I found a dry corner of R's blankey and both were asleep within a few minutes.  Let's just say I made very good time and was on a mission to just get home with no more stops!!  We were successful and did finally make it...always a story. :)

Friday morning I was up early to go get J so that we could spend the day together.  She was ready and waiting for me at 10 when I got to Mary Campbell.  We headed to the mall for awhile and then hit up the Cheesecake Factory for lunch.  It was delish and I had to embarass the birthday girl a little bit by having the waitresses sing to her! :)



Saturday R and I went to get Jamie so that she could come home for the night, not without a quick pitstop at Dunkin' Donuts though.  Reags ate two donuts on our way to get J, by 2 I mean the icing off the top of them.  We picked Jamie up and brought her home...

Bubs was excited to see us!

Reaggie LOVES arts and crafts!  Mum-Mum did not disappoint and had Easter eggs with glitter pens to decorate...just a little too much fun for "Mapunzel."  (yes, she had a new beautiful dress and shoes waiting for her too!  Lucky little girl!)

Gran and Gramps even stopped by for a bit on Saturday before their big trip!  Always great to see them :)

Singing "Happy Birthday" for the first time (Saturday afternoon, cake #1)

...for the second time, cake #2 on Saturday night!

Landon's saying, "I can have some right?!"

...and for the 3rd time with cake #3 on Sunday night at my Dad's.  Reaggie was hilarious...she asked "Mommy, how old J now?"  She didn't understand why we kept celebrating and singing to her!

It was a wonderful trip to the PA state!  Our trip back was going so smoothly, but about 2 hours in Reaggie puked.  Poor thing.  The timing was kind of good though because I could change her and feed Landon all in the same stop.  After our stop we drove through a blizzard in VA, not really, but it was snowing really hard!  Then that turned into rain and finally I saw a billboard for a Panera drive-thru (why is there not one around here?!).  We stopped there for lunch and as I am about to pay in the drive thru line Reaggie puked again...poor thing.  I will be investing in some medicine for her FOR SURE for the next long car ride.  She was fine afterwards though and gobbled up her lunch.  We filled up bellies, got gas, and were on our way again.  I think we had to stop one more time for a "Mommy, I need to go poopy" stop, but it wound up being a false alarm.  Both kiddos snoozed for the rest of the trip.  We were home a mear seven hours later...then it was time to unpack, do laundry, fix dinner...the fun never ends :)

It was a great trip though, the kiddos did great, and we all had a good time.  However, I think I will wait awhile until I do that trip again solo ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment