Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Rough Housing, Outfits, and Tragedy

Happy ONE WEEK until Christmas!  Hard to believe that is for sure...we're winding down and getting ready for our big trip to PA, NY, and MD!  Should be lots of fun :)

Last Wednesday morning the kiddos were crazy, per usual, and Keith wasn't in a total rush to get to work, so they all enjoyed some rough housing in the morning...not before Landon helped water the tree first though, with his jammies half unzipped again...crazy kid!



Bailey always has to be in on the action too!



Reaggie's cute outfit before school with her "deer in headlights" look :)


Last Thursday the kiddos and I were out running a couple errands and for SOME REASON I thought it would be a good idea to take them out to lunch...clearly we have done the Chick Fil A, Panera thing, but an actual sit down restaurant with a waitress, I have never braved myself with both!  We went to the Ale House (R LOVES their mac n' cheese and I'm not going to lie and say a burger didn't sound pretty tastey!).  It was fine,but I was just anxious the whole time...waiting for the meltdown.  Reagan did have to go potty while we were there, so I had to keep Landon from touching anything while helping her on the potty and not touching anything...that's always a bit of a challenge, but it all worked itself out.  When I sent Keith a picture of us out he was like, "what were you thinking!?"  ha!

Friday before school...little nut!




Friday, 12/14/12, right before I was going to put Landon down for his nap is when I first heard anything about Sandy Hook through Facebook.  After I got him down I read a little bit and put on the news while R was finishing her lunch.  I just started crying and it just couldn't stop.  Reaggie came up to me and asked why I was sad and I told her there were just some bad people in this world.  She gave me a big hug and said, "it's okay Mommy, nobody is a mean person."  I just lost it.  Sweet, sweet innocent children that don't know evil in this world and SHOULDN'T, just like my Reagan, were killed on that terrible day.  We all know it's terrible and all of our hearts hurt...I won't go on and on, but I just feel like I have been forever changed by that terrible day.  The fact that I was a teacher, the fact that I'm a mom to young babies, the fact that I am HUMAN...it all just makes me feel terrible and I hurt so badly for all of the families involved.  Just SOO heart wrenching...


R made her own butter cookies out of play-doh and was very proud :)

...as I watched Lester and felt sick over the details that kept emerging...

Not the best way to end the week, but we had already written a letter to Santa asking him to come to our house on Friday since we won't be home on Christmas Day.  Jingle Elfie delivered the note to Santa and brought one back to us saying he could make a special trip to NC since the kiddos had been soo good!  SO Friday night it was Christmas Eve in our house :)

1 comment:

  1. lester getting choked up totally brought me to tears.
    hug those sweet kiddos!!!! love y'all xoxo

    ReplyDelete