Saturday, May 4, 2013

Proud!

Miss Reagan, in all of her almost 4 glory, has been pushing my buttons like none other lately.  She will not listen, if I tell her to stop she will keep doing it, she's been sassy, and she's been throwing things when she is mad or doesn't get her way...she's a kid, she's almost 4, I know, but it's been very "un-Reagan."

But then we had a day together like at the Mom's Day Tea and I felt the biggest "mommy guilt" and I see again what a precious, sweet, sweet girl she is and I am suddenly the worst mom ever in my mind for not being able to keep my patience.


Yesterday as I was picking up Reagan from school a mom of one of the kids in R's class stopped me and said, "I just want to thank you so much for Reagan and her sweet heart.  She is so sweet to ____ and always does whatever she can to help him feel better.  Whether she sings to him or rubs his back, she is so sweet and I just wanted to thank you."  Well, as I have mentioned I'm an emotional basketcase these days and as she was saying that to me, of course, I started crying.  The little boy has high functioning autism and is the most precious little guy.  Whenever he is having a rough day Reagan does whatever she can to help him and he LOVES her.  They are best buds!  When this mom told me that, I felt like the Grinch on Christmas Day when his heart grew 25 times...that was me.


I called Keith on our way home to tell him what the other mom said to me and I was starting to tear up, again.  Reagan, from her carseat says, "Mom, remember you have make up on, don't cry!"  haha!  Read previous post ;)

Even though this sweet girl has been giving me some trouble lately, I could not be more proud of her!  She is so precious and such a great helper and big sister.  She has been so great with Keith gone in helping me and knowing that I can only do so much at one time, even though we wonder all the time why God didn't make mommies with more than 2 arms! 

I thank God for my babies, I am such a lucky, lucky mommy! 

1 comment:

  1. YOU ARE HUMAN! Humans lose their patience! Don't you worry, Grinch...I mean STEPH: you are one HECK of a momma. R knows you love her to pieces...she just has to test out some boundaries... good luck! (and also, please remind me of this advice when I am ready to cry for losing my patience!!!) xoxo

    ReplyDelete