Friday, May 3, 2013

Mom's Day Tea!

On Wednesday at preschool it was "Mother's Day Tea."  Reagan and I have been excited for a long time!  Once upon a time when we were going to be closing on our house May 7, this day would have been one of Reagan's last days of school and I was SO happy to not miss it.  Our sweet neighbor across the street, who works nights, came over with his son to watch Landon for us so I could go with Reags. 

our self timer pic :)

waiting for the preschool doors to open...we were actually early!

Reagan and Nolan...we are working on an arranged marriage :)

We all got pictures with our kiddos when we got to the classroom

Of course Reagan's amazing teachers had a little activity for us to do together at the table and also had a book called "Yummiest Love" for us.  I started to read it to Reaggie and was tearing up, I'm a MESS these days, anyway the mom next to me was tearing up too...I was glad to know I wasn't the only one :)  In the back of the book they used their sweet handprints to make a heart and wrote Happy Mother's Day.  My heart about exploded!

our little activity, we traced each other's hands...please note my pretty nails Reagan added to my massive hand :)

We went down to the CLC for the "program" and the "tea."  When we got to our tables we had these precious gifts that the kids made.  I don't think I will EVER tire of getting precious homemade gifts from school.

Note the adorable tea cup with the sweet picture as the "tea bag"...her teacher's are amazing, have I mentioned that before?

The kids sang three songs for us during the program.  They sang "Jesus Loves Me" with the sign language, a song about moms and their perfect hugs and kisses (yup, cried through that one), and Skid-a-ma-rink-i-dink-edo (spelling?!). It was so cute and I just wanted to bottle it up and NEVER forget it.  OF COURSE my stupid camera, which I thought was recording it, was not, ughhhh!!! 

Reagan and Julia

My precious girl


After the program we had some snacks and chatted.  The kids were so sweet and did such a great job!

Reagan and Riley

I had SO much fun with Reagan that morning.  It was a memory I will never forget and that was just so sweet.  She was so proud to have me there and so excited to have the morning with me...the feeling was beyond mutual! 

Funny story...that night at bedtime we read "Yummiest Love" and I was pretty much sobbing through it while reading it to her.  Tears were streaming and I was wiping my eyes as I went along...well, after we read the book I looked at Reagan and told her how much I loved her and she looked at me and said, "uhh Mommy, why do you have black all over your face??"  NICE!  I TOTALLY forgot that I had actually applied make up that morning and in my rubbing of the eyes smeared my mascara and eyeliner all over my face...cute huh!?  It was pretty funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment