Saturday, April 27, 2013

ELON!!

This morning the kids and I left nice and early to head to Elon!  I was so excited and the weather turned out to be perfect for our few hours there.

SOO as we arrived near campus we kept seeing all these guys walking around with just shorts on, no shoes or shirts, and girls in SHORT shorts and sports bras.  I was like what is going on?!  No one had on shoes either!  Where am I? :)  Well as I attempted to drive down to visit Danieley L-103 the police had it blocked off and it sounded like a huge party at the bottom.  After going through a checkpoint at 10:10 in the morning, I asked the police officer what was going on and he said one of the fraternity's was having a mud wrestling tournament...ha!  As we walked around campus we kept seeing people covered in mud and Reagan commented on each one how they were all muddy and needed to take a shower :)

Elon is just beyond pretty...all the flowers were soooo beautiful!

We drove through the Greek Courts and Phi Mu was painted on the rock, as if it was a sign I was supposed to be there today :)  I remember several nights spray painting that thing...I wonder how big that rock really is under all the thousands of coats of spray paint!

This is where my freshman dorm WAS!  They ripped it down and are now building, I'm sure, VERY luxurious dorms.  It's soooo strage to see how much it's all changed.








Future Elon Alum I'm sure :) ...on academic scholarships!


Is it just me or do these two just keep getting cuter?!? (and naughtier!!)




(I set the self timer on the camera and had it resting on the top of the stroller...can't believe we are even in the picture!)



Good old Mooney (the education building)...I don't even want to think about how many hours of my life I spent there!





Hill came from Charlotte to meet us too!  Bless her heart...it took her a little longer than expected, but we were able to meet for lunch at The Roots, which is where Sidetracks used to be.  We were happy they still had "the island," their yummy chicken sandwich.  After lunch we slipped to the HUGE new bookstore to pick up t-shirts and a onesie for sweet baby boy Kroboth!


Reagan loves her some Miss Hillary and even gave her tummy a kiss when we were saying goodbye, it was pretty precious!



It really was just such a fun day and I'm SOOO glad the kiddos got to go to Elon!  We walked all over the place and they just loved it!  I have SOOO many wonderful, wonderful memories there and being there made it seem like it was just yesterday I was leaving home to go to this small, practically unheard of college...one of the best decisions I ever made!

No comments:

Post a Comment