Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Weekend Fun!

We had a fun little weekend around here!  It was our first weekend without Daddy around, so it wasn't much of a "weekend," but we were busy!

Saturday morning was our neighborhood yard sale...I kind of got my act together to pull some things out to sell.  I loaded everything up in the van Friday night so that on Saturday morning I could just put the kids in the van and take it up to my neighbor's house, who has a little better location then us.  She was sweet enough to let me drop everything off and man my "stuff" so that I could take the kids home for breakfast and to get dressed.

I sold a lot more than I thought, but we did manage to come home with a couple new treasures...a spin art and a new tool set!

I am pretty sure I loved doing spin art when I was little, Reagan totally loved it too!


While Landy was snoozing Reagan and I cleaned ourselves up so that we could go to the "carnival" that afternoon.  We were lucky enough to spot this lovely carnival in the Home Depot parking lot one day on a trip to Target...Reagan talked about it ALL week and could NOT wait!  How do I say no to that and it was also great bribery for good behavior ;)

Pretty girl!

Our first ride was the merry go round and Landon LOVED it!!  He was precious and just smiled and laughed the whole time!

Next up, R decided to try out the "roller coaster"  She didn't last too long on this one, thankfully the guy operating was sweet enough to check on her and she decided she was ready to get off!

She sure did LOVE the swings though!

I wish I could have gotten closer to get the JOY in Landon's eyes while driving the "reir reir" (that's supposed to be a siren sound, which is what L calls fire trucks!).  He was SOOO happy to be driving!

R's last ride was this Scooby Doo thing, she liked it!

I was feeling brave after the carnival and decided the kids and I would head to the Ale House for dinner.  Landon kind of threw a fit when we got there because I didn't let him go in the red phone booth that he loves to play in, but I requested a table as far from it as possible, and he did really good.  I told him he had to eat his dinner first and then we could go play in the booth.  We ordered immediately, had our food within about 15 minutes, I think I ate 1/2 of mine, Reagan did well with hers, and L ate only french fries :)  He kept asking for "bah-ball", which is basketball, on one of the tvs.  No basketball, but I was showing him the golf!  They did great and we were out of there in about 40 minutes!  Once we got home Landon ate his dinner...atleast the fries kept him occupied at the restaurant.  Oh and of course Reagan had to go potty, which is always fun with both of them in the stall, but we did it!

Sunday morning, loving his new worker man helmet! 


We had a nice little pancake and bacon breakfast then ran to the grocery store and the park!  It was a great weekend, but we sure do miss Daddy around here.  SOOOO looking forward to this weekend when he is coming home!

No comments:

Post a Comment