Monday, April 22, 2013

Fun, Busy, and Quick Weekend

Friday afternoon we had a showing, so to kill some time we went to Panera for lunch.  It's always an adventure...it was packed, the woman who took my order needed me to repeat it 4 times before she heard/understood/comprehended what I was saying (I ordered a turkey sandwich with lettuce, tomato, and spicy mustard...NOT rocket science!!!), we had to go to the bathroom with both kids, Reagan dropped her cookie on the ground (which was a crisis, but thankfully we were able to get a new one), a woman hit the side of my van with her door and gave me ALL kinds of attitude about it (I was NOT amused!!), we ate in the car and half of R's mac n' cheese would up on the middle console...ANYWAY, it was just a lovely little adventure :)

We were heading home around 2 and I was hoping they would be out of our house so I could put L down for his nap, but the cars were still in front of Michelle's so I figured they hadn't even been down to our house yet.  I drove around the neighborhood a couple times and then saw two people walking up the hill, so thankfully they were finished at our house too!  We got really good feedback...we shall see what happens!

Keith was REALLY hoping to get home at a decent time Friday night to be able to see the kids, but he hit a TON of traffic and it took him almost 8 hours to get home!  YUCK!!  I kept telling him, "atleast you didn't have 2 kids with you!"  Still, traffic is no fun and he didn't get home until the kiddos were sound asleep!

nice hair do sis!

I wish I could remember what he was instructing me to do at this moment :)

A little man discovered how to use the camera on my phone! 

Saturday morning Keith was SO happy to see the kiddos and they were SO happy to see him!  It was so sweet!!  They went out to get donuts at about 7:05.  I took my first unsupervised shower in 2 weeks and it was pretty nice :)  I went to go see my sweet friend Sandy in High Point that had a baby girl, Addison, exactly a month ago.  It was such a fun visit and I got LOTS of sweet snuggle time with a sweet baby girl.

I got home Saturday afternoon as Landy was waking up from his nap...he and I went outside and he decided he wanted to take a walk.  (Keith and R had already left for a walk)  My big man walked the whole way around...he did so great!  Again...getting so big!

We went to Shucker's for dinner, which was yummy as always.  Landon loved the hush puppies and his french fries...I don't know why this kid will NOT eat his food at a restaurant, just the fries.  It does keep him entertained and quiet though, so you do what you gotta do!



We came home for baths and R and I made strawberry shortcake, which we HAD to make for Daddy! 

Sunday morning we had a yummy breakfast, but then it was time to get the house ready for our open house.  Keith took the kids to the grocery store, so I could clean and get everything ready.  They got back, Keith mowed and did yard work while the kids and I played and had lunch, he took the kids to the Davis' so that I could finish up the house and wait for the agent to get here...it was crazy busy and 1:45 before I knew it!  The house looked PERFECT!  Snacks were out, light music was on, we were set for a packed house.  At 4 we came home and guess how many people showed up for the open house, NOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  How frustrating!  All that time we spent on the house that we could be doing other things together, but it is what it is...still frustrating though.

By 5:00 it was time for Daddy to hit the road...we were all sad to say goodbye...two more weeks to go until another trip back to NC!  It was a great weekend though and we'll just have to keep checking things off of our list of things to do to help the time pass by quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment