Wednesday, September 30, 2009

C-L-O-S-E Call

OH MY GOSH...what a CRAZY 24 hours it has been!!!!!!!!!!! Reags and I came to Winston on Monday, kind of a last minute decision. We hung out, had dinner with some friends, played mini golf, and found out some news on Keith's job...

On Tuesday afternoon Keith called me from work and said, "well I have some news about my job. There is a position open in Raleigh that is a good position and there is the perfect position available in WEST VIRGINIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" WOW! Keith was told he had until Thursday to make his decision...holy crap! After LOTS of talking, weighing pros and cons, thinking about life in West Virgina...I have to admit we were leaning towards the move. What I kept telling Keith was that he didn't just bust it in school for 2 1/2 years and he isn't living away from home for 6 months to take a job that he isn't 100% about.

What basically made our decision for us (both were good jobs, but advancement potential MIGHT be a little faster in West Virginia) was how much we would lose on our house! BB&T wasn't going to cover realtor fees since Keith was just graduating from the program and we would lose more than I made teaching in a year on our house! We just can't take a loss like that, obviously. So we decided tonight that we'll stay in Raleigh, keep our house, and try to live a "normal" life where my husband lives at home and is home most nights during the week. What a concept! :)

I have to say I spent Reagan's nap time today looking up Wheeling, West Virginia, what to do there, houses, public schools, if there was a Target close by...you know the important things. It wasn't meant to be though because the closest Ann Taylor Loft was 47 miles away...that is obsurd!! :)

Needless to say we both feel like a thousand tons have been lifted off of our shoulders...and we are so happy to be staying in Raleigh! Keith will work downtown, which he is excited about. It is a great opportunity for him and totally deserves this!

2 comments:

  1. Whew! That was a scary one! I would HATE to see you guys move that far away!! WHEW! And he'll have a chance to move up in NO TIME! You'll be fine... Miss you guys... Love, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!! I am so happy for you all!! And I am glad you will still be close to us!!! Love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete