Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Feeling Guilty...

So I was talking to my Gran tonight, who called to see if I got any more sleep last night, and told her that I was feeling guilty about my blog post yesterday...I feel like I made it sound so negative! Reagan is such a GREAT baby!! She really is so happy, peaceful, sweet, and wonderful!! The ONLY thing that I would love to get better is the sleeping through the night...I am so lucky though because it's not like I have to be at work in the morning, so I shouldn't complain. Thank you so much for the comments and emails on tips/suggestions, I really appreciate it!

I spent a lot of time today, while Reags was napping, researching what to do! I did come across some of the BabyWise tips, which I know some friends have used. One of their big things is "E.A.S.Y." (eat.activity.sleep.you time) After I read that today it was time for Reagan to eat, I gave her the bottle, we played for about 45 minutes and then I put her down. She laughed for a little while and talked, but then was out! Not surprising though because she is a great late morning/early afternoon napper.

Tonight I gave her a bath, gave her her bottle, which she didn't drink all of, and was out! I read that at her age they should be drinking about 32 oz. a day...I wrote down all of her feedings, including the 3:15am one, and she was right at 32oz! Now I somehow have to get her off of that middle of the night feeding...I know it will happen in due time! She isn't even 3 months old yet, well will be in 2 days! :)

Again, thank you for the tips! She is snoozing soundly right now and I think I am going to go lie down myself!

OH...speaking of sleeping...I went out and bought Reagan 6 month pajamas today...her 3 monthers were getting way too short for her! Such a big girl !:)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stephanie!
    First, you should not feel guilty about your last blog post. It was not negative, it was just inquisitive. All mothers are inquisitive when something is not right with our children. So, no guilty feelings!
    I am really not the best person to answer advice about sleeping babies because I have been LUCKY three times and mine have been great sleepers! But, I can say that in my "non-professional" opinion, I feel like routines are great. I always give Noah a bath, then bottle and then bed, all about the same time. We recently introduced rice cereal, so I do that only at night too. Noah did not start waking up earlier about a week ago, so we started rice cereal and it worked. He is back to his usual sleeping about 10 or so hours, but he is 5 months old.
    So, maybe a routine would help out. And, as hard as it is to hear, I have heard that not always holding them to put them to sleep is better in the long run. I can say that to you but I cannot tell you that I can do that either!!!!
    Good Luck to you . It will be fine! She is still very young.
    ~Jenn Koehler

    ReplyDelete