Friday, March 5, 2010

Nine Months Old!

(Yup...this was the best I could do!)

Here we go again, another month has passed!!  This is so hard to believe that in just three short months we will be celebrating Reagan's FIRST birthday.  I was crying last night thinking about it, shocking I know!
(I LOVE this..."Mom, seriously?!)

This month has been BUSY BUSY BUSY for Miss Reaggie!  She is up to all kinds of new tricks.  Her biggest accomplishment this past month has been crawling.  I did not take missy long to discover that she can now go wherever she would like.  Her favorite spot...Bailey's bed, Bailey's water, Bailey...anything that has to do with the dog!  How lucky am I?!  ha!  She does love her "brother" though and gets so excited to see him!
(This is all she wanted to do with the sign!  Shocking!)

Reagan is also an expert at eating with her fingers now.  We worked really hard on that at first and she got it quickly...she likes to eat, wonder where she gets that from!? :)  She is still eating baby food, obviously...she is a baby, but is eating more and more finger foods.  Today, as part of her "birthday lunch" she had some cheese and really liked that.  She, so far, does not really turn anything down that I have given her!  While in her high chair she loves to make sure Bailey is close by.  She is so sneaky!!  When I'm not looking she will lean over and be giving a delicious treat to her doggie!  NO WONDER Bailey has this new found love for Reagan.  (Even though he really doesn't understand why or how this baby is moving now!!)

(So I thought, maybe if I bring her stand up toy over she would pose for me...)

Reagan loves to clap her hands, laugh, and smile ALL the time!  Whenever we go out people always comment on how happy she is, it's so true!  She also LOVES to read, which is music to any parents ears, especially a teacher!  Her favorites inclue, Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See, I Love You Stinky Face, lift the flap books, her Eric Carle books from Aunt Ellen, and pretty much any book that you give her!  The "One Spot" at Target has a bunch of board books right now, so I stocked her up there too! 
More recently she has been standing alone and pulling herself up to standing on anything and everything!  As you saw in the video she can stand for several seconds alone...I am slightly in denial about that though :)  She goes back and forth between both of her standing toys, between the coffee table and sofa, and between the chair and ottoman...she has NO fear!!

Oh another new thing Reagan likes is music and DANCING!  She holds onto what she is standing on and just bends her knees to do a little dance.  She is a bootie shaker!!  I just downloaded a couple kid songs albums on iTunes and she loves them.  I mean, who doesn't love some Raffi?! :)

(Reagan was way too busy crawling around and now LOVES to be under her jumperoo!  She can sit under it and fit perfectly!)

Reagan is also getting her two top teeth!  They are in enough where you can see them now, but it is hard to take a picture that shows them.  She did really well with those coming in....

HOWEVER, we have a new found problem.  The past two nights Reaggie has woken up, which she sometimes does just needing me to put her binky back in.  Well I have done that and then 2 minutes later she is fussing again, so I get a bottle, feed her.  Downs the bottle, I put her in bed, which again, usually puts her right back to sleept.  NOT the last two nights!  I have HAD to commit the BIGGEST Mommy sin of all....I have gone into the guest room with her and slept with her for a few hours....I know...I'm terrible.  I just feel bad though because Keith needs to get sleep to function at work and it puts her right to sleep.  SO any advice anyone has on how to solve this latest issue would be great.

Other than that, Reagan continues to be such a joy!  She is so happy and just makes it impossible to ever have a bad day.  We love her to pieces and can't believe how big she is getting!!  We were looking at pictures last night and just saying how little she was and she wasn't even the tiniest baby to begin with!

We are going tomorrow to have her nine month pictures taken and then we go to the doctor on Tuesday for Reagan's nine month check up!  I'll be sure to update her stats then :)  

Happy NINE MONTH Birthday Reaggie!!! 
We LOVE YOU SOOOOO Much!!!!

1 comment:

  1. She must have been listening at lunch the other day when we were talking about Cal getting up at night! He had a really good night last night (slept from 8:30-4:00, ate, then went back down until 8:30.... we are getting there!!! Your little stinker and mine must have been talking about how nice it is to get into bed with momma! hahaha Good luck! I bet it's a growth spurt....??

    ReplyDelete