Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Delicious-ness!

I have never posted a recipe on the blog before, but this one deserves to be shared!  If you are in the mood for some chocolate chip goodness, this is the recipe to try!!  Let me know what you think!


"Sakes Alive" Chocolate Fudge Bars

2 cups brown sugar (firmly packed)
1 cup butter (softened)  *I just used 1/2 cup and they turned out great!  Plus, lower fat! :)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 egg
2 (7.4 oz) pkgs. Martha White Chocolate Chip Muffin Mix (I am obsessed with her muffin mixes, they are about $1 at the grocery store and all are sooo good, all you do is add milk!  Might I recommend the Apple Cinnamon and Honey Bran...they are our favs!!)
1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats (I just used 1 cup)
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk (I used the fat free version)
1 (12 oz) pkg chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped walnuts (I opted for no nuts)

Directions:
1.  Heat oven to 350.  Coat 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray.  Beat brown sugar and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy.  Beat in vanilla and egg.
2.  Stir in muffin mix and oats.  Reserve one cup of mixture.  Pat remaining mixture into pan.
3.  Combine condensed milk and chocolate chips over low heat until chocolate is melted, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat (stir in walnuts, if used) and spread over muffin mixture to edge of pan.  Drop reserved oat mixture by teaspoons full over chocolate mixture.
4.  Bake about 35 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool completely and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment