Sunday, August 22, 2010

We Made It

Week one - check!  We made it through our first week of mommy going back to work and everyone did fine, well for the most part...

On Tuesday dropping Reagan off was hard because I was in a rush to not be late on the first day, not to mention having to leave her.  I just dropped her off, gave kisses, and left!  Thankfully Keith went with me and was able to stay with Reags for a few extra minutes.  I was BALLING on my way to school on Tuesday, oh my gosh, it was terrible!!  When I got to school though I had hugs waiting for me.  My friend Kelly even had a card for me, knowing how sad I was going to be!  It all was fine though and Reagan did great, well aside from taking a long nap.

You won't believe this, but when I went to turn my camera on to take Reagan's picture on her first day, it wouldn't!!  Something must be wrong with my battery because I had JUST charged it!  Anyway, these are a couple pictures of Reaggie's first day that Keith ingeniously thought to take with the video camera, sadly the quality is not so good!  Her cute new outfit and her kitty cat lunch box :)

"show us your kitty cat lunch box Reagan!"

of course we can't go without the blankie!

On Wednesday I dropped her off and again, she did great!  I didn't even cry that morning, later in the afternoon I did, but the morning was fine.  When I picked Reags up on Wednesday Miss Wendy told me she slept from 12-1:30, that's it!!  Oh lord!!  She was so sleepy when I picked her up, but when we got home she just played played played!  That night I even made a nice dinner, we ate, and played.  As I was putting Reagan down for bed, she was just about asleep, and BLAAAAHHHH!!  She threw up EVERYWHERE!!  On my gosh, seriously, we're talking inbetween MY toes!!  My poor baby!  Keith came up, helped clean up, changed Reagan, we watched TV for a little bit, then I put her back down in bed.  She was quiet for a little bit and then started fussing.  I went in to check on her and she was so restless, so I picked her up, rocked her, and then finally just put her in bed to rest for a little bit with us.  About two minutes after that she kind of coughed and I ran her into the bathroom and BLAAAAAAHHHHH!  Everywhere again!  (This time on tile though!)  Needless to say we finally calmed down and cleaned up about 10:00 and Reags just slept with us that night, which means lots of sleep for mommy ;)  Keith was able to stay home with her on Thursday, and she was fine.  We think she just was overly tired...I used to do the same thing when I was little too...poor thing inherited that from me as well!  Poor Miss Wendy, she felt so bad, but obviously, none of it was her fault!

snuggling with Daddy after throw up incident number one

So Thursday Keith and Reags had Daddy/daughter day while I sat in a meeting all day learning about what exactly my job description is.  Basically, I don't work with the kids at all, as I thought I would, I am totally a teacher support.  I am just crossing my fingers that this all goes well! :) 

Friday, YEAH, Friday...I think I wasn't as appreciative of Fridays when I was home with Reagan, so it felt great!  This is the morning Reags saw me leave out the window and I heard her crying as I left...talk about heartstrings being pulled, but 2 minutes later she was just fine.  I suggested to Wendy to wait until 1 to put Reagan down for her nap, sometimes that is just the magic time.  It worked!!  When I picked Reagan up at 4, she had just gotten up a few minutes before.  YEAH!!  I felt sooo good about that!

wearing her cute new outfit from Gigi and G-Gramps!


We've had a great weekend of grilling with the Mills, playing with Reags, swimming at the pool, running errands, and just hanging out!  Hope you all had a great weekend!

Week 2...here we come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment