Monday, September 19, 2011

A Day at Preschool

Reagan's preschool program is more of a "Parents Morning Out" program...she is in the 2's class, which means that parents are asked to volunteer in the classroom one Monday and Wednesday each month.  I have been looking forward to being able to help out in Reaggie's classroom!

This is my week, so today was my first day...I have been so anxious...thinking about how Landon would do, would it be okay if I had to step out to nurse him!?  Surely I'm not the first mom that has had to do that...What if I had to hold him the whole time and couldn't be as helpful to her teacher as I needed to be?!  My worries were centered around Landon and guess what???  He was an ANGEL!!!!!!  Sweet man slept the whole time, except for when I fed him.  I had NO idea I should have been worried about Reagan!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH MY WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  She CRIED and CRIED and CRIED!!  She was so "un Reagan" today at school.  She did not want me around the other kids...wanted to be held...didn't want to do what the other kids were doing, it was unreal!  I stepped out around 11 to nurse Landon because the class was having snack, so I didn't make a big deal and just slipped out.  I found a little corner near the sanctuary to feed him and thought I heard the distant scream of "mommy!"  Next thing I know I hear Reagan's teacher saying "now where did Reagan's mommy go?"  I stood up, feeding LTK, and saw her teacher holding her hand walking down the hallway.  SO needless to say Reags sat in a chair next to me while I finished feeding Landon. 

Reagan was sweet while playing play doh today and at "recess" there was a little girl that was crying, she had been for an hour, and Reagan went up to her and said "it's okay, it's okay." 

I tell you what...I am NOT cut out to be a 2 year old preschool teacher and God bless her teacher!  ha :)  It was fun to be in the classroom with her (while Reagan was happy), but I am not going to lie...next Monday I will not be too sad saying buh-bye sweet cheeks! :)  She does SO much better when I'm not there, obviously.

Do you see this face?!  This pretty much sums up the day :)

I have NO idea what her deal was today, but I am PRAYING that Wednesday goes better!

No comments:

Post a Comment