Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pretty Random :)

Happy Wednesday!  I can't believe tomorrow is Thursday already...this week has flown! 

On Monday Reaggie had day 2 of preschool and did great.  It was hilarious dropping her off because there were about three kids screaming their heads off.  Reagan was all excited to walk in the room and then we're in there and she was looking around like what the heck is going on!  It caused a little sadness, but when I suggested she go play with the babies she went right over and was fine.  Such a sweet girl!  Landon and I just came home and got some things done at home...I kind of didn't know what to do with myself having only Landon and he slept...it was nice though and I kept busy! :)

Tuesday we just hung out at home and had a great day!  It was just one of those days that I just couldn't love on my babies enough!


Today we dropped Reags off at school and LTK and I were off to the doctor for my follow up.  The good news is that the doctor's scale weighed me 5 pounds less than our scale at home...bad news is I still have some weight to lose.  The bag of M&Ms I have eaten this week and the brownies Reags and I made tonight, do NOT help the situation!!  Nursing a hungry boy keeps me very hungry too :)


I have been in a recipe funk...do you ever get that way?  I have looked into the "Caple Family Cookbook," which is my mom's side of the family, and tried a couple new things this week.  Both were okay...something about the fall and winter makes me want to try new recipes and cook a lot more.  In the summer I feel like it's a vacation from cooking...not really obviously, but there is NO creativity!  Do you have any good recipes to share?

And here's a couple updates on the kiddos...

Landon is just adorable, if I do say so myself.  He is just so sweet and being such a good boy!  This past weekend he really started smiling at us and talking...it's precious.  I love this phase in babies...isn't it just too cute?!  Other news on LTK is that he turned 6 weeks old yesterday, and yesterday I packed up his 3 month pj's and put out the 6 monthers!!  Can you believe it!?  He is so tall that his little toes weren't comfy in the 3 month jammies.  Reagan has always worn a size bigger in pjs than clothes too...(I just bought her a pair of 4T, AH!, jammies for the fall...crazy!)


Speaking of Reagan, I don't think I have commented on her LOVE of "bootiful pitty dresses."  Seriously, you have probably noticed in pictures that she is always wearing the same thing, or atleast a rotation...I would take a picture of her closet and drawers to show you she does have WAY TOO many clothes, but if you know me, you know it's true. ;) The girl just LOVES her dresses and pretty much refuses to wear anything else.  Some mornings you wouldn't believe the tears if a dress isn't clean or if I try to sway her to wear something else...she is TWO!  TWO!!  What on earth is getting dressed going to be like when she is 6 or, God help me, 13!!  Oh my!  I am VERY excited for a change in seasons because to be honest, there are a couple dresses I am ready to burn she has worn them so many times! :)  She is very aware of what people are wearing and will tell me "mommy wear comfy clothes today" if I just wear sweats (which is most of the time!) and if I get "dressed" she'll say "mommy you look cute!"  ha!  She would love it if I would wear a bootiful dress like she does everyday.  :)


see those eyes??  those are trouble eyes!!  (and I love them to pieces!)

The other night I was putting Reaggie to bed and she told me she "wasn't a pincess anymore."  I asked her why not and she said "because I don't have on bootiful pitty dress."  Reagan loves the Disney princesses and sees them wearing dresses and I think she thinks that is all they wear, which I guess in the movies/books we have it is.  I told her that princesses wear pajamas to bed, they were dresses, pants, skirts, sweaters...can you believe this!?  Again, she is 2!

I am so excited for the cool weather we are to have this weekend...I can't wait to open windows and wear a comfy hoodie! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness, Lila Grace and Reagan are so similar about the clothes thing! It must be the age! She is soooo opinionated about what she wears and also loves her "pretty desses" as well as her "pincess dess" which is really a fluffy tutu. Oh my what am I going to do with 2 little princesses! Your little (or should I say big) man is just so cute! Love his chubba cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I remember when my girls went through their princess phase! Now all they want to wear is jeans, t-shirts & gym shorts - so CHERISH these days! Before you know it, you'll blink & she'll be 10 or 12 (like mine!!).

    We miss you guys! Hope to see you one of these days!

    ReplyDelete