Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Another Halloween has come and gone and now it's NOVEMBER!  Crazy huh?!  Are you ready for Christmas!?!?  :) 

Sunday afternoon was pumpkin carving time and Reagan really wanted NOTHING to do with it!  She was perfectly fine just watching Mommy and Daddy do the dirty work.  She had said she wanted a Dora pumpkin, so we printed off a template from Nick Jr.com and Keith worked so hard on it, and it looked great!  Once Reagan saw it, she decided she didn't like it anymore and wanted Minnie Mouse...isn't that just the way it goes?!  Another last minute change was her costume.  She had found a lovely purple butterfly princess costume in a magazine over a month ago that she was insistent upon being for Halloween.  I wound up getting it from Kohl's because IF I needed to return it for some reason, atleast I could with no problem (and I love Kohl's and they always have a great coupon!).  Don't you know last week she announced she was going to be Sleeping Beauty.  Worked out well because she has the dress, Gran bought her a pink crown, and I did get her some pink glittery shoes from Target to go with the dress.  She was happy as can be and really isn't that what Halloween is all about?! :)
pumpkin carving...obviously casual Sunday!

the closest she would get to getting the "gunky" out

so excited! :)

Halloween morning we were on our way to preschool.  This is my volunteer week and it was my snack day, so being the dorky mom that I am, I was pretty excited.  We had a fun day at preschool and all the little girls had on the cutest Halloween outfits.  (Aunt Ellen, we need to send your name to the mom's of the boys!  ha!)  Thankfully my mom and Gran were still here so they stayed home with Landon man while Reags and I went to school!



After naps it was time to get ready for dinner and getting dressed.  Sadly, it was POURING rain outside...literally pouring.  We did manage to trick or treat to the houses on our little hill, which thankfully Reagan was thrilled to do.  She was so sweet in holding out her little treat bag and saying "trick or treat" and very politely said "thank you" after being given the candy.  When we got home she was more than happy handing out the candy, except she did not like the big kids that had scary costumes.  I had to warn her if there was a scary mask costume before she would give out the candy...bless her.


Here comes Sleeping Beauty!!!

Oh yeah, I'm beautiful!

this IS Reagan and sweet little Bubby


The cutest little tiger around!

Such a beautiful princess

and so the family shots with a 2 year old go...I'm already excited for a Christmas card picture (sarcasm)

...that's a little better!

Landon and Reagan's pumpkins (Reagan wanted to use her VERY bumpy pumkin that we got last weekend at the pumpkin patch...whatever, it has character!)

As you can see Daddy pulled through and made a Minnie/Mickey Mouse pumpkin.  I guess that was Keith's, I was Dora this year, and our standard Bailey bone!

So fun in the rain!


checking out her loot!

I think my sweet daughter takes after her mother...she organized all of her candy into piles, on her own. 

Even with the rain it was a great Halloween!  We didn't get nearly as many trick or treaters as usual, which sadly means I have a few extra bags of candy...oh well, tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment