Thursday, August 23, 2012

Painting, Pictures, and the Park

Happy Thursday!  It's been a pretty laid back week around here...trying to get as much done as I can with my "helpers" to get ready for our vacation, FINALLY!  The good part about going to the beach so late in the summer is all the big kids are back in school so it's not crowded, the bad part is having to wait SO long to go!!

Monday we just hung out at home...I decided it was time for Reags to start getting into school mode.  We've been working on letters and numbers and she can recognize most, but now comes the fun part of WRITING them!

She didn't last too long using her left hand :)

Her finished product...she did pretty good!

Oh and how I LOVE this little man, however these next 3 pictures are just a small glimpse at my sweet man throughout the day...(when he's not putting dishwasher tabs in the toilet, yes he did that yesterday!)...



pick me UP lady!!

Tuesday I finally took L for his one year pictures!  They turned out pretty cute, but trying to get him to stand for a picture was virtually impossible since he wanted to be climbing on everything.

This girl...what am I going to do with her?!


Work it girl!

The latest and greatest is all of my cookie sheets and cooling racks...they are pretty fun to get into!

Wednesday we just had a few errands to run and R found one of her new dresses for school/fall in my closet and HAD to wear it :)  She looked pretty cute, it just needs a big, fat, black "R" monogrammed on it!

She took her "dollars" to Target so she could buy a new Barbie movie to take on our car ride to the beach...she also insisted on purchasing a noodle for the pool too!


We had steak for dinner last night and Landon LOVES to use a fork now.  It's so sweet and he is SO proud of himself.  Each time he ate a bite we would clap and cheer for him!  The boy loves some steak and potatoes :)



Now the below two pictues I think I may have to frame someday...these are Landy's "kissy lips."  They are PRECIOUS and I could smooch them ALL day!  I'm not sure how this started, but he will make kissy lips whenever he wants a smooch :)  We were walking up the steps the other day and about halfway up he turns to me with the "lips."  I gave him a kiss, he smiled, and continued up the steps.  I think my heart may have exploded :)  Anyway, he was in a very kissy mood after his steak last night!



Other BIG NEWS of the day is Reagan got her letter from her preschool teacher!!  She is going to be a Duck this year and her teacher is Ms. Diana, the same teacher she had last year!!!!!!!!!  YAHOOOOOO!  We are SO excited!  Reags and I were literally jumping up and down and screaming when we got the letter yesterday.  It's going to be a great year for Reags!!


The weather has actually been totally tolerable this week, which is a VERY nice change.  We've had lots of outside time and today we went to the park.  Reags is a PRO on her bike now and I thought she would love the paths.  She did AWESOME.  We probably went for a mile to mile and a half long walk and there were some HILLS, the girl rocked it.  She needed a push here and there, but for the most part did it all herself.  (SO please tell me WHY she is still in her bed singing right now and not napping?!?!)  Landon loved walking around at the park too...he was a little unsure at first, as he's never walked there, but he quickly found a slide to climb up...he is a climber that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment