Sunday, August 19, 2012

Trip to PA

On August 8th we headed to the PA state for another trip!  My mom stayed down so that she could do the car ride with me and man does that make such a difference.  It was too funny though because earlier that week I had turned L's carseat around to face front and on our drive he would NOT fall asleep.  I said maybe he needs to face backwards?!  I pulled over on the side of 85, turned his carseat around and within 2 minutes he was OUT.  Go figure!

That Friday I took J and R to the beach for the day.  My dad was there again so it worked out to see him there.  OF COURSE it was a MONSOON that day, seriously.  It took us an extra 45 minutes to get there because it was raining SO hard.  I kept asking myself WHY I thought this was a good idea?!  We had a great time though!  We went out to lunch, then Grandpa took R to the Disney store, we went to the boardwalk for a bit during the clearing, and then the heavens opened up again so we just headed on back!

Here is Reagan, I mean Rapunzel with her new fancy hair from the Disney store...that and some new light up Cinderella glass slippers were her special treats :)

Catching a ride from JJ :)

Grandpa stomached the Merry Go Round with R :)

Check out that braid!

Riding the helicopters :)

Saturday morning it was up and at em to get ready for my sweet, sweet Heather's shower.  This had been on the calendar for MONTHS, so it was crazy that it was finally here.  It was so cute and was so much fun!  We are all SO happy for Heath to welcome a sweet little babe in just about a month!  Seriously though, she looks great and I think her 8 month preggo belly looks like my belly did at about month 4 with both of my kids :)  After the shower I went to her house, we all hung out and chatted, it was so fun!

We were ruffle dress twins :)

Sunday morning after L's nap we went to see my Grandpa.  We hadn't seen him the fast few times we were up, so I was SO glad that it worked out!



This guy liked playing with Pappy's remote!

Sunday was "celebrate Mum-Mum's birthday day" too.  When we got back from my Grandpa's Gran and Gramps were at my mom's too.  We all went out to dinner on Sunday evening to Carrabbas, which was pretty tastey!  It was fun to be able to be home to celebrate!


The kiddos and I left on Monday morning to head back to NC!  It's always an adventure, but after a "picnic" lunch in the van, lots of traffic, a pit stop to hold Landon who had HAD it in his carseat, we made it!  Let's just say I'm not planning on another solo 370 mile trip for a little while now!

No comments:

Post a Comment