Monday, December 2, 2013

Mommy's Little Helper

Last Tuesday my little helper and I made our family raisin bread recipe for Thanksgiving!  We LOVE raisin bread and it's not a holiday without this homemade bread.  Gran always seems to have loaves on hand and Landon especially loves "Gigi bread."  I have never made it myself before, so I decided it was about time...and I just couldn't do it without my helper! (and a couple pointers from Gran and my mom!)

Kneading the dough for 10 minutes!!  5 pounds of flour, 2 pounds of raisins, sugar, butter, and all the other yumminess that goes into it!

Reaggie Mae helped me put them in the oven to rise



2 hours later they were doubled and beautiful...which was a good sign that I didn't screw it up too badly!

Turns out this batch was a little doughy in the middle, so Wednesday morning I went to the grocery store first thing (to avoid Thanksgiving crowds!) to get ingredients to make a brand new batch at a lower temperature, which turned out perfectly!  SO at that point we had 14 loaves of bread!

We are well stocked for a little while with raisin bread, but between Landon and I, I think we'll need another 8 loaves before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment