Thursday, May 1, 2014

All Kinds of Stuff...

Behind again...surprise, surprise!  Some highlights from last week...

Last Monday night I went to a quarter auction with Heather at her church...it was so fun!  I tried to win so many great things and of course failed miserably, but we still had a great time :)
My helpers while I was getting ready...

Landy man figured out how to turn the "me-mote" on and off, such an accomplishment!


Her somehow turned on Fox News...his Daddy was proud :)




While at the auction on Monday night one of Heather's friends, who works at QVC, offered us two tickets for a live taping on Tuesday night.  We were so excited! (I say WE, but maybe more ME!) The taping wasn't until 10:00, so it was a late night, but so worth it!






We got lots of free goodies and even got cupcakes!

Wednesday morning came quickly, especially since I didn't get home until 1:30.  Landon was up earlier than normal and it was a school morning, which we hadn't had in a week and a half with spring break, but we were up and out the door by 8:00.  We were driving along and I was telling the kiddos how proud I was of them for doing such a great job that morning so we could get out on time...yada yada...we got to a red light.  We stopped.  I was about the 5th car back.  The light turned green, the car in front of me took his foot off his break, we were moving up, I blinked, he slammed his brakes because the car in front of him wasn't going, I slammed on mine, but not in time and bumped into him.  My first accident.  Cue the waterworks.  Thankfully we were all fine, which is the important thing.  I just felt like SUCH AN IDIOT.  Ughhh!!  We had to wait on the side of the road for an hour until the cop got there, all paperwork was done...Keith wound up being able to meet me on the side of the road with our insurance card...it was just a mess.  The kids were SO good though.  They were beyond troopers.  We still went to school that day, an hour late, only because it was a ballet day anyway and we had to be in that direction.  We didn't notice any damage to my van immediately, but the next day noticed a little dent on the bumper.  Apparently the other guys piece of crap car had $2,700 in damage...seriously!?!?  We were going 4 mph, at best.  I was so tired from the night before that once I dropped the kids off at school I parked in the library parking lot and fell asleep...I was drained.

Thursday was a new day, thankfully, and it was "take your daughter to work day."  Reagan couldn't have been more excited!  She wanted to get all dressed up and couldn't wait to spend "the day" (2 hours) at Daddy's work.


 



Landy and I went to pick up Reagan at Keith's office around 10:30 and she said work was pretty boring :)  ha!  She had fun with Daddy, but the work part wasn't so fun.  They did walk to Dunkin' Donuts for a special treat, so obviously that was the highlight of the morning!


Sweet girl and her Daddy

A little bath time fun!







...and then there's this girl!



The week ended on a good note...a little Chick-Fil-A and a fun filled weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment